Sign in to follow this  

What happened to my post...

This is strange, it appears my post has disappeared. Misho, I am unable to read your reply concerning my previous post "strange images result"If you recall what your reply was, I would appreciate hearing it. Thank you.Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know, I noticed. I have no idea what happened... A forum glitch. Would you mind re-posting? I forgot what it was all about :)

I have used phototerrain in an attempt to create some scenery for my local aiport. I started with 4 meter resolution images and decreased the res to 4.8. I import the picture using the wizard, I enter some coordinates, and when it's time to export, I get a windows error and it closes the program. On further inspection, my images appear in the texture folder with lines covering the bottom 2/3 of the image (even in imagetool)The .asm and a sample texture file are included.Thanks for any help, Misho.Jeff

Oh, yes.Are you using RGB mode, 24bit imagery? If not, make sure you do.Just by looking at the image, which appears grayscale, resampler/imagetool will not like it if you are not in 24bit RGB mode.

Ok, so I have to run Terrabuilder in 24bit RGB, and afterwards I can convert them to 256 colors? I'll give it another try this afternoon. Thanks Misho.

nononononononoThere is no "24bit mode" in terrabuilder. The IMAGE that you use in terrabuilder should be in 24bit mode.You do NOT convert anything. Leave the images alone. They will be converted in the process, ready to be used in FS. The extension will be bmp but it will be an EXTENDED bmp format, NOT visible by usual image editors/viewers.Do the Niagara example please. If everything works fine, just look at the format of the niagara imagery and convert yours to the same.