Sign in to follow this  

Scaling and coordinates questions...

Hi, i'm a newbie to terrabuilder, i have some ortophoto that i want to use with terrabuilder, this is the data of the photo:Scale:20000Datum: WGS84Projection: NUTM33Coordinate:Top leftx:353914.1 y:4221856.5Bottom Rightx:357935.8 y:4218681.5What i need to insert in Terrabuilder extents?How to determine the meters/pixel of this image?I've some images of 1:1000 scale also....Tnx for your help guys.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The data you have will not be of much use. Scale, I assume, would be 20000:1, meaning 1 cm on the image is 20,000 cm (or 200m) on the ground. But, how big is the image, phisically? You can print it in any size... If they gave you DPI size, that would help, but this way it is useless.Top left and bottom right coordinates are most likely given in UTM format. You'll have to figure out how to convert to Degrees and minutes.The best thing to do would be to start the PhotoTerrain wizard, put in BOGUS coordinates for start, and then, once in TB, use 2-point calibration to get the position of the image.

ok, the told me that the scale 1:10000 represents 1 meters/pix of resolution to terrain, and yes i figured out how to convert the UTM coordinates.Then is best to have 1 m/p images then scaling out to 4 m/p or to have it directly to 4 m/p?