Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Need helping importing jpeg or bitmap into Fligh Simula

I sincerely need your help, I have been exposed to TerraBuilder for about a week and am still unsuccessful using this program. I am a newbie when it comes to scenery. It seems that what I am wanting to do is relatively simple, but not as simple enough for me. Should I use scasm and is it necessary to use scasm with TerraBuilder???Here is my situation: My name is Marty Wrinn and I have repainted a default Bell206B helicopter, and also created a VFR instrument panel using Flight Sim Panel Editor. I am recreating a TH67 helicopter, which is used for ARMY flight training. I work for the simulation division at Rucker, and have access to scenery data(all kinds). I have a photoimage of the area in .TIFF format of our surrounding area of Fort Rucker, Alabama. It is pertinent that I use this withing FS2002Pro. That is how I head about TerraBuilder, How do I use this tiff file as a texture so that pilots can fly the TH67 and see the actual photodata within flight simulator??? I am having problems doing this. The file I am wanting to use is located here as followed:http://www.wrinn.com/terrabuilder/It was originally a .TIFF file and I converted it into a .jpeg with Adobe Photoshop 7.0.Martin Wrinn Department of Army Civilian, GS11 334-255-2433 martin.wrinn@rucker.army.mil marty@wrinn.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Martin,Simply download the TerraBuilder Lite package and follow the instructions in the RELEASE NOTES document. It will tell you where to find Microsoft's Niagara Falls Example and guide you step by step through it.Then, when you are ready, you can use your own image instead of Niagara map - the process is the same.>Should I use scasm >and is it necessary to use scasm with TerraBuilder??? No SCASM is NOT neccessary for the scenery creation using the SDK method. Yo WILL have to download SDK tools from Ms's site.

Hello Martin,The Microsoft program that creates custom ground textures does not accept TIFF or JPEG files as a source.Please convert your image to an RGB bitmap format and try again.Best regards.Luis