Sign in to follow this  
Guest seev_39

New to TB

Hi Misho (and all others of course!!),I want to start my own sceneries with TerraBuilder. The first project will be the old city of Acre (Acco) in Israel. The size is roughly 900x750 meters, and the city has a fishermen port, anciant walls, plus a very interesting shoreline.I downloaded all MS SDK's and TerraBuilder Lite from the TB site. I can't get updated aerials, but I am very good at art work and can hand paint the scenery, including vertical hight lines (such as 0, +10, +20, etc.) I can also add objects from LAGO's FSSE, such as a light house.Now my questions are as follows: 1. Is the program a stand alone or is it interfering with FS2002. I mean what happens when I double click the application icon? Does it change something in FS?2. In the TB web site you say the program is good for FS98, FS2000 and CombatFS. What about FS2002, which I use?3. What about the coast line (eliminating default shore waves?)4. Where can I get an FS2002 tutorial?5. What about the night scenery? I assume it must be like in G-max. or?6. Will the program work with FS2004?If things go well I will get myself the TB Pro, but I have to be sure the program works for me.ThanksSeev

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Seev,>I want to start my own sceneries with TerraBuilder. The first>project will be the old city of Acre (Acco) in Israel. The>size is roughly 900x750 meters, and the city has a fishermen>port, anciant walls, plus a very interesting shoreline.>>I downloaded all MS SDK's and TerraBuilder Lite from the TB>site. I can't get updated aerials, but I am very good at art>work and can hand paint the scenery, including vertical hight>lines (such as 0, +10, +20, etc.) I can also add objects from>LAGO's FSSE, such as a light house.TB will only create custome textures to replace default. It will not create new topography. Make sure you use PHOTOTERRAIN, not PHOTOWIZARD option.>>Now my questions are as follows: >1. Is the program a stand alone or is it interfering with>FS2002. I mean what happens when I double click the>application icon? Does it change something in FS?Absolutely stand alone.>2. In the TB web site you say the program is good for FS98,>FS2000 and CombatFS. What about FS2002, which I use?It supports, better than anything, FS2002. I am re-doing the web-site - this is why this has not been updated.>3. What about the coast line (eliminating default shore>waves?)You can define "water" areas in your scenery. The coastline will not look "crisp" and you will lose wawes, but the coastline will be absolutely accurate.>4. Where can I get an FS2002 tutorial?Within the TB Lite download pack, there is a "release notes" document with a clear, step-by-step tutorial that uses Niagara Falls texture set, downloadable from Microsoft Site.>5. What about the night scenery? I assume it must be like in>G-max. or?No. You can "draw" a night scenery and submit it to TerraBuilder for processing.>6. Will the program work with FS2004?>Very likely - yes.>If things go well I will get myself the TB Pro, but I have to>be sure the program works for me.A little secret: At the moment, TB PRO does NOT have anything extra, as far as the FS2002 scenery design is concerned. It will in the future. So, you can go ahead and use LITE version. (I'm a terrible businessman...) :)

Thanks Misho,(I'm a terrible businessman...). Not so, you just do it the old honest way....I will give it a try on the coming weekend. What I wish to accomplish is the possibily to get a more or less realistic view of Acre from about 2000 to 3000 feet above the place. I saw great screenshots of towns and other places which I thought were done with TB or a similar program. Hope I am right.Thanks again.Have fun guys