Sign in to follow this  

Palette & INF file issues

~S~ all,I'm new to this, so am hoping that this is not a daft question, but I've checked through a great deal of the forum already and can't find an solution to my problem .I have purchased terrabuilder pro and have, I think, set it up as required in the documentation, downloading and establishing paths to: my CFS1 textures folder and the most recent versions of FS 2k terrain sdk, fstexconverter, scasm, etc., that I've been able to find.I'm working on Windows 98 SE and am attempting to create scenery for CFS1.I've tried the first island creation tutorial, but received the following when opening one of the tutorial bmp images:Couldn't read palette file.3 I also received the following error message when attempting to compile to BGL (Have no idea if it's related to the palette issue or not)Couldn't open .INF fileThe program then displays a dialog for MS Terrain SDK builder, but many of the controls are greyed out and I haven't the first idea of how to proceed. Doh! ;)I'd really appreciate a nudge in the right direction to help me resolve these issues - the program looks great and was otherwise easy to use.All the best,Pads

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Designing for CFS1 is a whole different ball game, and everyone here has all but abandoned this approach. CFS1 is, after all, an old old product and a lot of things have changed.However, if that's the path you chose (and I can assure you, you will be facing a lot of problems with the scenery) there is an old TB version available for download, specifically for FS98 and CFS1. Let me know if you want it and I'll send you a link.

Hi Misho,Thanks for the warning! ;) I'd appreciate the link you mention - I take it that the Pro version of TB is not intended for use with CFS1 then?. I have Airport 2.6 and cfsTmap - would you recommend these as more appropriate tools for designing for CFS1?There are still a few of us diehard CFS1 types out there, you know... ;)Cheers,Pads