Sign in to follow this  

I can't see the scenery created with TB in FS2000

Here is my problem: I buyed TerraBuilder and got all I need to use it in a correct way. I have a satellite picture and an elevation map in .dt0 and I give all to the phototerrain wizard. After some minutes in the scenery and texture folder there are the outputs, but the textures created in DXT1 are not visible: they are transparent! I try to change the conversion format and only with the "extended" version I can see these bitmaps. I install the scenery in the FS2000 library, but when I fly on this zone I can't see my scenery, even if all the other layers are disabled.I have -FS2000-TB 2.0-Scasm 2.88-FSTexConvert v1.03Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Did you try using the Niagara Falls example as a tutorial and following the instructions in "Release Notes"? If not, please do so first and see if you are successful.In the instructions it says that the altitude map is not yet supported in the PhotoTerrain mode. Therefore, you cannot use DT0 files.

Thanks Misho, I'll try. Someone advised me on TB becouse of its power to create meshed scenery and I buyed it for it. I need to create mesced scenery with elevetion maps. Will TB be able to do this in future? When?

It will - and soon. Within a month.TB actually does create mesh scenery but with "old" method, but that is obsolete now.

Thanks M.I hope you'll send us the upgrades when ready. Do you know if is possible to draw a circle or a cross on a determined point of a scenery? I use FS2000 only as a visualizator of a flight simulator that I created and I need that the target will be visible on the scenery. Have I to use some other program like FS Scenery Creator or something like this?Thanks

I tried the Niagara exemple. Here is a sample of the texture converted by the program. What do you think about? I'm not able yet to visualize the scenery in FS2000. Sorry

FS2000 doesn`t support all the FS2002 features.In particular it can`t use DXT textures

And so how can I obtain my photorealistic scenery if I have FS2000? What have I to do? Please, explaine it to me as I was 6 years old.

I don`t think you can....The Photoreal functions only work fully with FS2002. They work partially with CFS2 but as far as I know they don`t work with FS2000FS2002 has a much better scenery engine than FS2000. Now that FS2004 is just about to come out you should be able to get FS2002 fairly cheaply. You will be able to do much more in the way of Terrain and Texture design with FS2002.