Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a specific type of airport

Hi Gang,I'm looking for a specific kind of airport to fly from. It has to have the following things about it (don't ask me why, it just does)...Has to be in USA or Canada. Has to have a tower. Has to be used for both commercial and GA flights and be quite busy. Has to have fairly short runways (4000ft or less).Let me know if you know of any that fit this description.

Just a comment...dunno how many commercial airports you'll find with runways < 4000 ft.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

You need an actual airport guide, or some FAA publication. I doubt if you can find your requirement very easily. Maybe in Canada, but the FAA is not in the habit ( I would think anyway) in putting control towers where the runway is too short to accomodate much in the way of commercial traffic. Luck. I'd be interested in your find, and in your reason for looking. Too bad you don't know why this is.

Here is one that I looked up in the Canada Flight Supplement.Boundary Bay Airport (CZBB) is the 5th busiest airport in Canada. Longest runway is 3755 feet. I don't know if small planes carrying 2-8 passengers is clasified as commercial or not but you get those at CZBB. I agree with Thomas, comerscial traffic on 4000 foot runways would be rare unless I do not understand properly what you mean by commercial traffic. Do you mean planes like Dash-8 size or any planes carrying passengers like Cessnas?What about Meigs Field (KCGX) runway length (4000 feet) I am sure it must have commercial traffic. I usppose that any airports next to the downtown of a city has small plane commercial traffic. Take careMike