Sign in to follow this  

Make night textures for MISHO

Hello Misho:A long time ago you sent a wonderful method to make night textures. I can

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sure, here it goes:You need Adobe Photoshop. You can probabbly do it with Paint Shop PRO but I'm not sure how.1 - Darken your daytime satelite picture to the point of being barely visible. Make sure it is dark enough (as dark as its surroundings), otherwise it will "glow" at night. 2 - choose "Airbrush" tool, "fuzzy" pattern3 - choose "Overlay", "Soft Light" or "Color Dodge" MODE, depending on what works best for you.4 - create a bright, white color with just a hint of yellow.5 - spray in to your image, using one of the above modes.6 - image will "light up" in the sprayed areas, bringing the detail out. The color above will give you a yellowish streetlight hue. You can experiment with blue tones to give you more of a flourescent effect.

Thank you Misho. Very clever...Julio Estefan

hello Misho, Julesta!yes this method works well. About darkening the picture first, i darken it about 80% and then it is much easier to see what you actually are doing - then by purpose i make the lighten areas and dots slightly "over-exposed" (lighter than i want the final result) and then when the hole picture is finished - i use the Image,Adjust,Replace Color function in Photoshop and pick a very dark color in the picture (almost black) and replace this color with total black (255,255,255) and i set the fuzziness to somwhere beetween 25 to 75 so that the hole picture darkens a little bit and so that i am shure that the black part of the nightpicture gets total black. This way gives better nighttextures and you will then avoid lights where there should not be any light areas. :)