Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

How does fs2002 do this ???

After editing the default ground textures for the eastern part of Belgium so that my photo-real zone would blend in with the rest if found this situation:how.jpgThe SDK's tell about texturing tiles, which I'm doing obviously, but how do they manage to get these randomly shaped zones (or edges) ???

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fs200x does this by using mask textures - it places two textures with different landscapes on top of each other, and then it renders portions of the top texture transparent, allowing the bottom texture to be visible. Thus, the "blending" of 2 landscapes is possible.

And can you also tell me how they make a texture transparent ??With the fs-style bmp's for planes they use the alpha for transparency (or in some cases reflection) but an alpha in these cases creates water and not transparency ...

It is possible to use a special class of texture that allows one alpha channel to become transparent. This has not yet been automated in terrabuilder, nor have I tried this myself.This has been discussed in Mesg #1612.