Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Some TB fetures are available or not

Hi Misho!Long time ago I downloaded TB Lite and made my more or less photoreal city of Ljubljana fo FS2k with that old MeshWith1Tex() instructions. After that many things changed in FS and now I am curious about (I found a topic posted couple of months ago here) these two features:1. is it still possible to make an area from grayscale bitmap as it was 2 years ago?2. is TB able to produce just a mesh, without need to have any photoreal photos?I want to make some meshes at different places in Slovenia which are flat in FS but not in real world. Getting DEM data from our geodetic institute calls for money, whereas I can only dream of photgraphs of these areas (again money). But I do have digital atlas with isohypses drawn in it so I would be able to make some sort of elevation bitmap. I tried it manually but it doesn't work. So is above possible with TB (preferably lite version) or not (yet)?Many thanks in advance and best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Goran,Both of the features still exist, but they do not make mesh with SDK methods (this is the default-style mesh, that augments the existing mesh). The OLD method (MeshWith1Tex) placed a patch on TOP of the default terrain.In an upcoming update of TB I will have this capability as well, but for now you can use other third-party programs to create mesh scenery.As to your question about DEM data, I have faced this problem as well (only good free DEM data exists for continental US and now, thanks to STRM mission, for South America). I have looked into a Microdem functions and found that it has a powerful tool to trace the scanned picture of isohypses and automatically place values into a DEM file. If you're handy with it, you could have your DEM in a couple of hrs.You can download Microdem from a link located on the TerraBuilder Web Site. Let me know if you need help with the contour tracing.

Hi Misho!Thank You for the tip, I will try it in the nearest future and I look forward for new version of terrabuilder :)Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net