Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

How to use only 2 texturs type whole year

Hi all, I would like to use only two textures (su and wi) in my photo real scenery. How to force, the x_su texture to appear during spring, summer and fall time, and the x_wi during (mild)winter and hard winter time ? I use the SDK2002 method. Probable I have to write some

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry, but there are only 2 options:One texture for all seasons, and no night texture option.All seasonal textures 5 plus 1 for night, a total of 6.Water channel texture is indepemdent of this, it applies to both cases.If anyone has new info on this, I'd like to hear it.

Hi,I think this is my first post here so I start by sending an hello to Misho and all the visitors of the forum.You can specify which of 5 textures appear on each of the 12 months of the year. You can open the defult seasons.bgl with TMFViewer and see which textures are used on each month on a particular location of the Globe.To change the default you need to produce your own BGL. This BGL spans a full LOD2 quadrant which could bring some compatibity problems. Details can be found on TMFManual by Christian Stock available from the avsim file library.Regards, Luis

That's right - LOD Level 2s are HUGE areas - you can fit continental USA into 2 of them and still have space to boot. So, changing season rules on one just to accomodate the requirement of your scenery will draw a huge penalty for the rest of the areas.

I don't understand 2 things in TMFManual on site 32:What is a "seasons_01.raw" in SourceFile section *.inf file?andWhich parametr in *.inf file determine what kind of season texture will be displayed on each month?

Hi,Q1: it is a file with 257 x 257 bytes. Each byte in the file can take the values of 0 (=winter) 1 (=hard winter) ... up to 4 (=fall).Q2: you need 12 INF files one for each month. Also you need Resample Tool version 1 which produces uncompressed TMFs. You run the resampler 12 times on your 12 INF files and afterwards you MERGE the produced TMFs with TMFMerge tool. Christian explains this in detail.Regards, Luis