Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Over the inf problem but more problems...

Hello all! I've just joined the group and am a rank beginner with Terrabuilder Pro. I've made 3 meshes in the Lite version, but now I can't seem to make Pro work. Here's what happened:I first had the inf problem, but overcame it by following Misho's instructions to diligently do the tutorial. That made the inf error go away.The preferences are set to point to the softwares downloaded from the tutorial. The image software is from the tutorial just like the FS2000 SDK. I am NOT using SCASM. The first tab of preferences is set to CFS and use object method checked by default. (I use my sceneries in CFS 1)I did not use Niagra Falls but a bmp of 4096 square and an elevation bmp of 1024 square in phototerrain wizard. (Also, there was no box to put in the two letters for the texture filenames). The scenery folder and texture folder were installed into CFS 1, activated, and nothing appeared, only water! I have made 6 sceneries with FSSC and 3 with Terrabuilder Lite, and can fly in them in CFS 1.What is happening? I tried the bgl and textures in FS2000 and again only saw water. The release notes give FS2002 for the Niagra Falls Example. Can Pro make scenery for CFS1 like tab 1 in the preferences says? Please help this poor beginner along, thank you in advance.The Blimp Buster

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1024bit sqare?? That means every 4th bit a elevation??? how shall that work??? Can you show your inf?Pit

Hi Pit,Sorry about the shorthand, 1024 square means 1024 pixel x 1024 pixel bmp file. The texture image is 4096 x 4096 x 8 bit color and the elevation image is 1024 x 1024 x 8 bit greyscale. The meters per pixel was locked at 4.8.Inf file below.My puzzle is if my new Terrabuilder Pro can make a scenery for CFS 1 just like the Terrabuilder Lite did.Thanks,BlimpTest_Island.inf:[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "c:My DocumentsTheBlimpBusterScenery filesTest_Isand" SourceFile = "Test_Isand.bmp" Lat = 0.083333 Lon = -0.750000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 4096 NumOfLines = 4096 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00004311930338541666 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319254557291667[Destination] DestDir = "c:My DocumentsTheBlimpBusterScenery filesTest_Isand" DestBaseFileName = "Test_Isand" UseSourceDimensions = 1

I undersand good 1024 square. What I mean is: 1024 is realy too big.I think 128x128 is good. On the other side, there is no mesh in your INF. So you need no greyscale at all.Pit

Hiya,Please read the general post I posted on Thursday March 11th.