Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Alignment of bitmaps

Hi Misho,I have been using terrabuilder for some time now with no problems at all. I thought I had the whole thing down to a science.Today for the first time I attempted to generate some scenery using a source bitmap plus an alpha bitmap plus a night texture bitmap. This is the first time I have used the night texture with terrabuilder.As usual everything worked fine with one exception. After a number of attempts I notice that the night images are always offset to the North by 200 - 300 metres. Can't figure out why.All images are the same size, taken from the source bitmap and perfectly aligned in photoshop.Any help would be appreciated.Regards,Tosh

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi Misho,>>I have been using terrabuilder for some time now with no>problems at all. I thought I had the whole thing down to a>science.>>Today for the first time I attempted to generate some scenery>using a source bitmap plus an alpha bitmap plus a night>texture bitmap. This is the first time I have used the night>texture with terrabuilder.>>As usual everything worked fine with one exception. After a>number of attempts I notice that the night images are always>offset to the North by 200 - 300 metres. Can't figure out>why.>>All images are the same size, taken from the source bitmap and>perfectly aligned in photoshop.>>Any help would be appreciated.>>Regards,>Tosh

Hi there Tosh,I have never had only night textures not line up, but I do come across an area once in a while where I simply cannot get the alignment right - there is always an offset of a couple of hundred meters. One area that comes to mind is Mt. St. Helens, but that is the case for ALL the textures. Perhaps there is something quirky about certain areas...Did you try any other areas? Does it work for Niagara example?

Hi Misho,Thanks for the reply. Sorry but it was a false alarm. I stupidly had resampled the textures with a slight change of coordinates but omitted to copy over the corresponding .bgl file. I was using the previous .bgl file to locate the bitmaps.I can't tell you how much time I wasted looking for this solution. Daaaaa!!Regards,Tosh

Good to hear that. Whenever something "unexplainable" happens, I always fail to look for the most obvious answers...