Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Confused Newcomers...

Hello! You're not forgotten!Obviously - There are a few problems with TerraBuilder that, through fault of my own, people keep running into.TerraBuilder has a lot of "Legacy Code" - Things we had to do to make mesh BEFORE SDKs (thet was PRE-FS2002 era). All of you old-timers know what I'm talking about :)That's why beginners keep getting confused - way too many options that basically do nothing. The major one is mesh itself - TB, at present, does not make a FS200x compatible mesh. It ONLY makes a photorealistic replacement for the default textures, overlaid on the EXISTING mesh. This is at best an inconvenience because there are a few other very good apps that do mesh.I have not updated TerraBuilder in a LONG time, due partially to waiting until FS2004 SDKs are out (which it looks like they remained unchanged). When I DO update it, I will take out ALL of the Legacy code that greatly contributes to confusion. TB will be much leaner and meaner. The good news is that MS finally settled on the method of creating scenery and we can go from there.The good place to start is to download the tutorial from TerraBuilder site and follow it closely. What it does is basically all that TerraBuilder does - for now. When I update the application, there will be more tutorials that will cover the new functionality.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Misho,Thank you for the courtesy post! I am one of the confused newcomers LOLOLOL!!!Does Terrabuilder Pro make scenery for CFS 1? My hobby is CFS 1, I have made 3 meshes in Terrabuilder Lite (earlier version) and just bought the new Terrabuilder Pro hoping to make meshes for CFS 1. If CFS 1 is not supported, can you reverse this decision and keep CFS 1 in Terrabuilder? I have programmed before, and I understand if supporting old CFS format is impossible, for technical reasons.Thank you.The Blimp Buster

Hi,I can send you an OLD version of TerraBuilder that will do what you want. I just didn't think anyone would be still using CFS1...Post or send me your address .. terrabuilder@hotmail.com