Sign in to follow this  
toprob

Discovery! Forbidden regions for Photoreal scenery

I've just discovered sadly that there are regions on earth where it is literally impossible to put photoreal textures (for instance in some place of midwest USA). I was working until a few hours ago in a project (now abandoned) where in some LOD squares where impossible to put anything. I was working with 1024x1024 source images, and tried everything. The textures fitted perfectly in the squares the converter also gave me the 16 256x256 textures and converted them but when placing them into fs2004 there were some squares in which only default scenery showed up. Tried also excluding that area default scenery, flattening it. Everything!!! there're just some areas in which it is forbidden so the only solution is to leave those gaps and use your imagination and suppose that there is something when you overfly it. Sadly I cannot put in a manual that when overflying certain areas you have to turn your imagination on. So the only and most practical solution that I found for it (as it should be done always in such cases) is to abandon the project. Thank you people for all the help provided in other problems I had and where solution was found; but this case is impossible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry to hear that! I had a lot of people commenting on how this or that doesn't work, only to come back and say, "Oh, I forgot to do this or that, and now it works". Are you sure that's not the case?Are the missing textures on the edges? If so, then perhaps even if it looks like the imagery fits perfectly into all the squares, there is a small gap that's not possible to see on the display (even a few meters is enough) so that throws it off. In that case, enlarge the canvas so that edges fall outside 4x4 grid. Have your scenery go to 1200x1200, (don't stretch but enlarge and then fill the enlarged edges with the generic texture)...se if that works.

If the area is directly over an airport it may be that the scenery was written to put the texture in there, hence, yours is being put in but the scenery for the airport itself is taking out your textures...

Are you saying that there IS another photoreal area adjacent?