Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmg

Default SampleIsCentered option

Just a (maybe stupid) question (I've haven't found the answer in the forum topics):How can I switch (by default) the SampleIsCentered option to "1" in Terrabuilder LT?(SampleIsCentered option specifiy if the corrdinates correspond with the upper-left corner of the pixel or the center of the pixel)Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's actually a very good question. TerraBuilder does have that option, and here is how you get to it: When you're in the "Microsoft Terrain SDK Builder" dialog, you can double click on the "source" and "destination" entries to get to their properties. For the "source" properties, there is a button that enables/disables "SampleIsCentered" parameter.Now, for the bad news (did I say there were bad news?):Enabling/disabling this parameter does not enter the directive in the resulting INF file. I have no idea why this is so...perhaps one of the SDK revisions mentioned that this was no longer supported? Is this feature still supported or are you using older terrain sdk for FS2000/FS2002?

Dear MishoThanks so much for the reply. In fact I'm making the scenery for FS2002, so the sdk is the FS2000 one (as you stated in the help).I've tryed the way you mentioned enabling the option in the source dialog. But as you say, the .inf file is not modified.In any case, it is no very problematic because I can calcul very easily the corner instead of the center of the sample.Regards