Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Preparing a photo.

Hi I am totally new to photo scenery and need some advice please.So far I have installed Terrabuilder and run the demo scenery without any problems. This is fine if you have a pre prepared photo BMP, my questions relate to getting the photo to that stage. The scenery I have got was taken at 0.1 meter/pixel resolution, how do I get it to 4.8 as recommended. Do I simply resample it to about 2% of the original (assuming my maths correct) or is it more involved? (2)How do I create the watermask? in the SDK files, the demo BMP has white land and black water, is it only a matter of changing the colours and renaming the BMP or again is there more involved? With these questions answered I will be well on my way! Hope someone can help.kind regards Peter.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Peter,>I am totally new to photo scenery and need some advice>please.You've come to the right place :)>So far I have installed Terrabuilder and run the demo scenery>without any problems. This is fine if you have a pre prepared>photo BMP, my questions relate to getting the photo to that>stage. The scenery I have got was taken at 0.1 meter/pixel>resolution, how do I get it to 4.8 as recommended. Do I simply>resample it to about 2% of the original (assuming my maths>correct) or is it more involved?There is a button on the RIGHT side of the TB app called "Scenery Issues". If you insert your high resolution photo and POSITION IT CORRECTLY (very important, TB must know where in the world it is, and that is determined by the LAT/LONG extents), press that button and a text file will pop up - in it you will find the info on what to scale down your image to, in pixels width and height. Note the info, save and close your project and re-size the picture. Re-open your project and your picture will be in correct, 4.8 m/pix resolution. (2)How do I create the>watermask? in the SDK files, the demo BMP has white land and>black water, is it only a matter of changing the colours and>renaming the BMP or again is there more involved? With these>questions answered I will be well on my way! Hope someone can>help.watermask is a simple, B&W bitmap. It is in a full color RGB mode (NOT indexed). Make sure it has only 2 colors - pure white for land, pure BLACK for water - no shades of grey, or anti-aliased edges. It is recomended that you work on this mask as a 2-color (1-bit) image, and then convert it to RGB and save.