Sign in to follow this  
Guest hotmaster

Please Help me

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's nothing wrong with your scenery -- it looks good.You do end up with 4.8m/pix, because Resample will resize your image to 4.8. If you don't want Resample to resize the image, you would need to do it yourself. You will still lose some detail from your original, but you have a bit more control over the process. From your screenshots, your original image is 1.7m/pix, so you need to resize it to 35.4% before passing it to Terrabuilder. You could try this just to see if you get a sharper result.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Thanks for your help Misho.But when I shrinks it down the photo lost a lot of resolution (quality) in photoshop,but I get 4.8 in TB ! and in FS I have the same resolution with 1.7.nothing change!Do You know that scenery, FRANCE VFR?That Scenery get a very good resolution and his textures in FS has 512*512 Did you see that ? How they get that?Thanks for you helpPaulo Brazil

>Thanks for your help Misho.>But when I shrinks it down the photo lost a lot of resolution>(quality) in photoshop,>but I get 4.8 in TB ! and in FS I have the same resolution>with 1.7.No, when you SEE 1.7 in TB (your original image) that only means that you started out with that. Resample.exe shrinks it down. When you shrink it yourself, resample.exe "knows" that and does nothing except cuts up the image into 256x256 textures. You end up with the same result, except the textures you shrunk yourself will look smoother.>nothing change!>Do You know that scenery, FRANCE VFR?>That Scenery get a very good resolution and his textures in FS>has 512*512 Did you see that ? How they get that?>Thanks for you help>Paulo >BrazilIf that's true, they used some other method which does NOT conform to the Terrain SDK. It is possible to make a terrain grid out of a surface grid designed in GMAX, give it an altitude data that is same as the default terrain and have it sit on top of the default ground. Then, you can have any size of texture assigned to that. To try that, follow an GMAX tutorial that deals with "object" creation (not aircraft creation)

Ok thanks for your helpIf I make in Gmax the terrain will be FLAT scenery without elevation.Thanks my friendPaulo

>Ok thanks for your help>If I make in Gmax the terrain will be FLAT scenery without>elevation.>Thanks my friend>PauloNo problem. If you make the GMAX scenery, the terrain does not need to be flat.

Where can I find that tutorial for terrain in Gmax ?I can

>Where can I find that tutorial for terrain in Gmax ?>I can

Thanks one more time!I know a little Gmax , I try gmaxbut nothing happened I can

There isn't a tutorial but friendly helpers on this board walked me thru how to use a plane surface and texture it to a higher resolution than 4.8 mpixel. Search my posts (JohnC) about a year or so ago. Bob bernstein and Arno were involved.

Ok thanks for your help.But you did your photoreal scenery with GMAX ?If yes How