Sign in to follow this  
Guest Airdale

Startup problems with TerraBuilder Lite

I am new to TB yet I remember it from the past when it was getting off the ground. I recently purchased FS2004 and am trying to learn how to use TB to create some terrain. Right now though I am just using the tutorial to become familiar with it.Here then is my problems:1. The location in the 'setup' for the FS2002 path is not created. Apparently these are 'sniffed' out according to the tutorial but in any event they end up blank. the ones on the right side are filled in via browsing by the user , which I have done and with no problems. So I use the PhotoTerrain Wizard and follow the tutorial. When its done I click on Scenery Issues and not that I have 5 of them. They say that my image is the wrong size and that the top,left,bottom and right side will be clipped or removed. I end up with nothing in the 'scenery' folder and looking at the created INF it shows my meters per pixel and so on. The ISSUES wants me to resize ONE pixel lower. In this case from 768 to 767. I do so with Photoshop. Run again and now it wants me to resize from 767 to 766. I observe then that in Photoshop I can resize as necessary so that the meters per pixel are 4.80 exactly. This necessitates me to resize the image to 1121 pixels. Run again and still get the same SCENERY ISSUE items. It reports pixel s correctly as 1121 but now wants me to resize to 1120. And so the game goes on. There must be something I am missing here but I don't see exactly what it is. I early on ASSUMED that the Niagara Falls BMPs would be exactly the right size for the tutorial but perhaps I am mistaken in this.What is my problem then? I have done this about 6 times and made sure each time that I entered the lat/lon correctly. The steps are not that complex yet I simply cannot achieve any results. I am running FS2004 and have the 9.1 update applied. I am using the most recent version of TB Lite, having downloaded it just a few days ago. I have all the necessary SDKS and DLLs and other applications. Is this a common problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,If there is a "warning" about a one pixel mismatch, please ignore it. That's just software being "Vulcan" ;) and reporting it as a computer would. It is a matter of precisioun round off, and I should have this fixed...Second - if there is no output, that's usually a sign that your scenery coverage is TOO SMALL - that is, none of the newly-created tiles completely fill the full LOD grid. Try using a larger aerial/ satelite image. Niagara Sample illustrates this well: Only a middle portion of the original image is kept, the edges of the image don't quite make it to full LOD squares so they are discarded.

Ahhh, then what I see is normal. I did resolve some of the earlier issues and now get output in the form of BGL textire files plus others.Thanks for the reply.