Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

More on seasonal textures

I am running WinXP on my Dell XPS (wow! what a system)and I cannot get seasonal textures to appear, just summer,lightmap, and the alpha mask water are OK.... although when I drag out a colored spring texture from the texture folder, I can see it displayed correctly in DXTBMP but it does not show up in FS9.The said spring texture also looks OK in the Temp Texture folder.My version is TB 1.97.08 (2.0 Beta).I ran the entire job through TB from scratch with all input images.No "funny" stuff.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,A few things come to mind: Some areas in FS exhibit only summer textures in any set season. Some exhibit Summer and winter - not sure exactly where. The best thing to do is to check the default version of area you are covering and see if there are seasonal variations.Also, and this is probably given, but if you do not specify seasonal textures (if you even omit one - you HAVE to have 5 sets for seasons to show: summer, spring, fall, winter, and hard winter) the scenery will be made with a flag NOSEASONS and only the summer texture (which is mandatory) will be displayed.Misho

Got it.....it works now, but it's possible to click on fall or spring in the season dialog box and get a winter texture. Thanks for a marvelous tool. One has to give FSTxconvert quite a bit of time to convert 6 9000 by 11000 bitmaps.Thanks for a marvelous tool.