Sign in to follow this  
Guest sstobbe

Do I need new mesh for a new photo texture overlay?

I am interested in creating photo scenery for areas of coastal British Columbia. I have 38 meter mesh commercial scenery package (FSG Cordillera Canada), and would like to overlay aerial photography on it. In the TerraBuilder tutorial, an photographic image was overlaid directly over the FS2004 default mesh. If the Cordillera scenery is activated in FS2004, will my photo overlay on it or on FS default?My question probably belies my complete inexperience with building scenery.Stobbe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No worries, Stobbe, the answer is simple - Photo Scenery will overlay to whatever mesh replaces the default, so - you're good to go.Misho

Misho,The image I processed through Terrabuilder overlayed on the non default mesh just fine. Thanks.

Hey Steve I been looking all over for photographic stuff. You mind if I ask you where you got your Canadian stuff from (I couldn't sniff it out!)? I am going to do Australia. Any help appreciated. Will you be releasing your photo scenery of B.C.?Daniel

DanielI am simply using jpg images from the cache of the NASA program, worldwind. They are not exceptionally high resolution, but are an improvement over the default textures, especially in mountain areas.