Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

Big Black Square!

All seems to go right when running the wizard. I wind up with textures and a bgl in scenery. I placed them in my addon scenery and registered the new folder in FS9. Restarted FS9 and flew to the area. There is a black square where the scenery is supposed to be showing.Any suggestions please?Thanks,Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Follow the niagara tutorial to the letter and see if you get results. If you do, trace the same steps for your case. If not, go over the tutorial carefully and make sure you follow all the steps to the letter.Misho

Already did all that. Niagara worked fine. I used one photo and named it differently for all seasons. I took the photo and used black for water and white for land and named it watermask.One difference was that in the Niagara alpha folder there was a "done" folder and there was nothing in my alpha folder. The textures for both were the same size and the bgls for both were the same size.

When set up right, TB works perfectly - I just did a project with 10000x7000 pixel image size and it was 30 minutes from the start to finish.I suggest you start with replacing the textures in Niagara sample and keeping the extents. If you don't get anything, it's your textures, if you do, it's the extents you're having a problem with.Misho

I was in no way suggesting or implying that TB is not perfect - heaven forbid! I was merely explaining a problem I was having hoping for some possible solutions. I will try your suggestions.Thanks

I changed my pictures from 32-bit to 16-bit and all worked fine.

Good - This is what is spelled out in the SDK documentation - I guess I have to place a warning somewhere in the software to avoid confusion in the future.Misho