Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihongo

Help-Do I need FS2000SDK instead of FS2004 SDK?

Help-Do I need FS2000SDK instead of FS2004 SDK?I have ran through the Macromedia tutorial ( I didn't download the Niagra falls stuff in the 2000SDK) and I tried using Terrabuilder with the FS2004SDK. I forgot to install the DLLs so I did (do I need to restart the comp after install DLLs?) and then tried again with the 1m/pixel stuff I got from USA Photos through Terraserver.Now when I get to issues it just says the image will be cut off on the sides, so I am wondering why isn't anything happening?I'll give it a restart and if nothing changes I won't post, but if it works I'll surely let you know.Any help appreciated, and can you get high res DOQs for the UK and Canada?ThanksDanielwww.danielmcaloon.tk

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Daniel,Microsoft FS2004 supports only one resolution level for photorealistic scenery: LOD13. That translates to 4.8 m/pix. You cannot use 1m/pix imagery, if you do, resample will re-size it and do a poor job of it.Please follow the tutorial exactly to the letter. And yes, it is recommended that you use FS2000 SDK. Let us know how you manage with it and if you have any problems with it, let us know.Misho

Well thanks for your reply Misho.I honestly don't know much about this but I think I can do this.I couldn't make any scenery files with the 2004SDK so I'll follow your Macromedia walkthrough to the letter like you say and I'll use the 2000SDK. You know what you are talking about.Anyway I did resize my 1m/pixel resolution to 4.8 using the formula 14.8 x Y and X axis respectively (that is correct?). But even when I did it right it didn't produce any BGL....In your Macromedia walkthrough it says you have an INF file and the numbers are taken right from there for input of LAT/Long coordinates, right? When making my own scenery do I just use the LAT/Long co-ords from my NW most pixel of my aerial image instead of INF co-ords, right?Well, I sure am pretty excited about making some photo real scenery as well as mesh together, after I work out the 1st part. Would be interesting to buy PRO Terrabuilder but I don't know how I'd get seasonal aerials for each city of the US and Australia like there is now. You have any solutions to this? I also want to make photo-mesh scenery for the Rockies and Australia's Blue Mountains, but I don't think I can get accurate aerials for these.....One last question, any idea where I can get aerial images for the UK (I found Keyhole has London and a little surrounding area but not large and doesn't include Heathrow)?Thanks and appreciate your help.Danielwww.danielmcaloon.tk

I just downloaded the 2000SDK and it truly works!Well I'll check my scenery out now.Thanks Misho. (about the UK aerials etc, do you know?)Daniel