Sign in to follow this  

FSFlightMax.... Anybody?

Hi,Just wondering if anybody out there has this product and what your opinions are of it. Looks like quite an avionics package. Thanks :-)Andy CecchettiKCMH

Howdy Andy,Yes I have FSFliteMax and I like it very much. However to use it right one must spend an extra $k50.00 US to get the sectional charts to use with it. The sectionals are not mandatory, but for the aforesaid amount one can get an entire set of US sectionals, (37 of them) plus 13 more assorted WAC charts or IFR, low or high in the mix which is a very nice deal in my opinion.Now as for the FSFliteMax itself, the weather radar is very cool, works just like a radar does in real life, and if you download real weather, one may see a thunderstorm at 200 miles from you. Several other features but these two are the biggies in my opinion, and the ones I use the most.Knowing what I do now after using the product, YES I would buy it again, and I will recommend it to anyone.Hope this helps,http://members.aol.com/zipkit/sig.jpg

Thanks for the info. Is GPS functionality included as well as a sort of FMS for navigation?Andy CecchettiKCMH

Guest RonB49

Just like the real-world Avidyne FlightMax, FSFlightMax is not a GPS in and of itself. The real FlightMax is a big interface that accepts inputs from the aircraft's GPS, Traffic Sensor, Weather Radar, and Lightning Sensor (did I miss anything?) and integrates them into one cohesive moving map display. FSFlightMax provides weather radar and the traffic and lightning sensors and uses the FS2002-supplied GPS data. You load a flight plan into FSFlightMax and it displays your intended track on the map. I hope this answers your question. R-PS -- Yes, I did miss something; Ground Proximity Sensor. R-

I really can't love without it...The functionality is amazing, I have no familiarity with the real FlightMax, but I do know that FSFlightMax is amazing.Almost every feature is integrated into other features, I.E.If you're running in map mode, you can use a TCAS, Radar, and Lightning overlay, as well as having your flightplan laid out. The ground proximity is also very nifty for mountin flying situations when you need to know about where the ground is, especially since it gives you warnings when you are too close to the ground. The TCAS is 100% functional and gives distance as well as altitude above/below you, and all other features are exactly as advertised as well.My only gripes are as follows:The cost of the charts, I really don't want to buy all the US Sectionals, so that is a downfall. Howvever, the team is working on compatability for the Charts included with Fly!2, so if you buy that (for about 15$ now at certian stors), you can use those eventually.The second feature not integrated is the CD Player, nothing big, but its just not there.My biggest complaint is FSUIPIC. It is absolutely necessary for you to have FSUIPC to use FSFlightMax. I have never been fond of FSUPIC...and so I am in between a rock and a hard place with this situation. Overall, its an incredible addition, and well worth the price. The weather radar and TCAS alone are enough to have kept me with it, but all the other features are amazing as well.Scott

Scott, why you no like FSUIPC?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Thanks all for your posts, they have been very helpful. I'm looking at the FSD Cheyenne and it seems like this add on would complement it really nice. Andy CecchettiKCMH

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Andy,The MFD displays "chart" related information. Plus the wheather features.For a Navigation Avionic and full featured flight plan following with autopilot (and many more), there is a rendition of the UPS AT (Apollo) GPS at www.reality-xp.com There is an upgrade also about to be released with Airspace Display. Less need for sectional charts then with this GPS!Hope it helps!

Guest RonB49

Scott writes, "I really can't love without it..."Hmmm? Perhaps there is another feature that I have missed. R-(Sorry Scott, I couldn't resist.)

Guest Boone

this product is fantastic. A great pay-ware add on option. It brings the experience of simulated flight to a whole new level. You will not want to fly without it. The support is also second to none.It was my first pay-ware add-on. No regrets at all.Boone

me as well would love to know what is the problem with FSUPIC?do you know something we don't know regarding this tool?thanks :)-E