Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

New TerraBuilder is released!

The wait is over - I just uploaded the newest release of TerraBuilder with GMAX Mesh Module. Please go to TerraBuilder web site to download the newest PRO version. Registered users: you can use your old registration key. This update is free for registered users.Non-Registered users: you may use GMAX Mesh Module to create scenery, but you will need TerraBuilder PRO to export it to Flight Simulator format.After installation, please run GMAX. The new Mesh Module will automatically open and there you can access Reference and Tutorials. Misho

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Perhaps I'm being dim... but in this case I doubt it. I don't see anything in the way of tutorials, instructions or any documentation except the release notes. Is there supposed to be something more here? I'm getting the intriguing control panel in Gmax for creating terrain, but I don't see any help for it, nor any way to import data. Could something have been left out of the installer?

Bill, there are 2 buttons Right below Terrabuilder Logo on the Module panel. One is "Reference" and the other is "Tutorial"...Do you see them? CLick on them and they will pop up in the explorer. I kept them on line so that I can expand them as I wish.Just in case you don't see them, here are direct links:http://www.terrabuilder.com/GMAX/GMAXMM_Ref.htmhttp://www.terrabuilder.com/GMAX/GMAXMM_Tut.htmAlso - text import is is till work in progress. For now, you CAN load your DEM in Microdem and save it as a grayscale image, and then use that to import to GMAX using a "Displace" modifier.I will expand the tutorial shortly, but in the meantime, just ask.Misho

Thanks for the links, Misho. I see the problem now, and it's one a few people might have issues with. I use two different cfg files to start Gmax; one for FS2002 and one for FS9. I think it may be a path naming issue, but when I start up using either of the custom FS cfg files, I just see a blank white rectangle at the top of the module panel. When I tried it just now with the default cfg file, the logo and links showed up fine. It's not much of an issue though, since once I have the techniques down this won't matter anymore.thanks,

Wow - I didn't anticipate that. Yeah, if a user changes the scripts directory (which you probably did), that won't be visible, since I use GMAX's internal variable. I'll fix that now, thanks for the heads up.(10 minutes later) OK I fixed it and it is updated, available for download... :)Misho

Sorry - GMAX is used to make topography only - Terrain mesh. You cannot make hi-res scenery, other than what Microsoft allows. Well, you can bt it suffers from a lot of problems.Misho