Sign in to follow this  
Guest statto

Night Textures?

Hello,I'm creating some photorealistic scenery of Tucson, AZ using Microsoft Paint and the Print-Screen method (doesn't take that long, to be honest) along with Terrabuilder (one of the best programs I've ever used, after I figured it out, thanks!). It's great, and I've just updated Tucson Int'l to be photorealistic.However, I'd like to go back and add night textures. I've already got all my project files created with just the summer textures, is there a way to do this?And about the creation of night textures, how would I go about doing this in the first place?Also if someone could explain how to use USAPhotoMaps for use with Terrabuilder I would be very grateful.Thanks for your helpJohn Holden

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

(one of the best>programs I've ever used, after I figured it out, thanks!).Thanks - Tell your friends!!!>However, I'd like to go back and add night textures. I've>already got all my project files created with just the summer>textures, is there a way to do this?If you add night textures, the FS will, for some reason expect all the seasonal textures. Dumb - I know (actually, depends on the area. For Tuscon, you have to check if FS expects full seasonal variations, or just a few.) If that's the case, you could use the same summer texture for all the seasons, just make 4 extra sets and rename them. Or, you could get creative and make 4 extra texture, play with the colors in Photoshop to get them greener in spring and reddish/brown in fall, add some white for the winter, and voila, you have your seasons. There is a brief tutorial on TerraBuilder site on how to colorize texture into a winter "mode">And about the creation of night textures, how would I go about>doing this in the first place?>This involves a bit of editing in Photoshop. I don't know how to do it in any other software, but Photoshop works very well. I can give you a quick rundown if interested, and you have Photoshop to work with.>Also if someone could explain how to use USAPhotoMaps for use>with Terrabuilder I would be very grateful.USAPhotoMaps simply downloads a whole bunch of pics and assembles them into a single large image. Then, you simply convert those to BMP format and create a TerraBuilder Project.Misho>>Thanks for your help>John Holden

I do not have Photoshop but I would still love the run-through.How would you convert the USAPhotoMaps to BMP? The 'get big JPEG' seems to give some odd results at times.

>I do not have Photoshop but I would still love the>run-through.ummm... I don't think that PSP can do this. If I start laying down the technical terms, it would be useless to anyone without PS.>>How would you convert the USAPhotoMaps to BMP? The 'get big>JPEG' seems to give some odd results at times.define "odd"...

I'm using GIMP which may or may not be compatible, plus I have an old copy of Fireworks puttering around somewhere if all else fails.As far as odd goes, I've gotten it to work sometimes but other times I just get a bunch of repeating gray-blue pixels, and other times it's just black.