Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

Up all night with FS2004...argh!!!

Good morning guys, I've spent last night up with my troubles about applying a othophoto on fs2004. I've got my aerial picture with 1:5000 scale and I guess its ok. Now, with TerraBuilder I've modeled my bgl and here starts all:My surface is not square, I've some black zone which becomes water when I pu into fs2004. How can I solve this? Someone told me that I must model the surface with GMax and that apply the texture. Seems too tricky...Can I model my own building and then using with autogen? I simply need building like farms and little rural cottage...In GMax how can I repeat a texture on, for example, a long wall?Many thanks to all,Alberto

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alberto - I'm not sure what you're trying to acomplish here.Use TerraBuilder ONLY to make Photorealistic scenery that replaces DEFAULT textures. Your orthophotos MUST be at 4.8 meters per pixel - "I guess its ok" just won't cut it here (excuse the pun). You must figure out if 1:5000 is equivalent of 4.8 m/pix or to what size you have to scale.You can also use TB to build terrain using raw altitude maps or GMAX designed terrain, but that's another topic.You can design new autogen objects in GMAX but this is not a forum for that question. It is fairly involving, and you will need to append default XML.