Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pat 1

No asm files produced when exporting from gmax

Hi I have downloaded the new gmax compatible terrabuilder and followed the online instructions - set paths for fs2000, fstextconverter. I checked that the correct files have downloaded to the scripts file in gmax also but do not get any asm files produced on exporting just the 2 other files I should get. I also made sure I had a copy of the cfg file as per the tutorial. I tried this whole process on a second computer with new gmax and terrabuilder downloads but no difference. Very grateful if you can point me in the right direction to fix.Pat:-bat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,Does it produce the MDL? Also, did you EDIT the makemdl.cfg file so that there is a "Keep=1" switch under "Options" section?

Yes it gives the xml and mdl files but no asm files.Here is what I have in the madkemdl cfg file in plugins ;[settings]LastDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004pluginsSaveDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004plugins[Options] Keep=1 NegateZ=0Optimize=0 thanks

There needs to be a section tag called {Options} (in square brackets) just before "Keep..." tag... Do you have that?

>There needs to be a section tag called {Options} (in square>brackets) just before "Keep..." tag... Do you have that?Yes - sorry I have that too, those parts in the square brackets didnt show when I pasted into my last reply

OK... Are you using MiddleMan or MDLCommander utility? If those are used, I think that the MakeMDL settings are ignored. I'm thinking that makemdl.cfg is not being used at all for some reason. Also - make sure that the MakeMDL utility is in the proper location. Do you have any other copies laying anywhere that may be used instead?Also - your paths:LastDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004pluginsSaveDir=C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004pluginsare pointing to your "plugins" dir... not sure if they are used for ASM output - but check nevertheless.There is no reason that the ASM files wouldn't be created with those settings...

No middleman etc. OK its now working - I tried exporting the tutorial file to the default mesh folder instead of a new file on the c drive. Yes I think the problem was maybe something to do with the cfg file paths.Thanks for your time and help.:-)