Sign in to follow this  
Guest sstobbe

Batch Processing of Scenery Files

Hello forum,Does anyone here had experience with using TB to process multiple images at the same time? I tried processing photo images in two separate sessions of TB running concurrently. The processing time was about the same as processing a single file, but the resulting textures when flown over in FS2004 was a mishmash of grey squares, chunks of terrain correctly positioned and other chunks completely dislocated from somewhere else in the image(s).I am creating low resolution photo terrain textures for the British Columbia Coast Range, from NASA World Wind 7m source images. The project will be made up of about 40 tiles, each a half a degree square. Each tile is about 300 mb once completed. The source images are about 40 mb each.Each tile takes about an hour to process. Is there a way to process the files in parallel?Thanks,Stobbe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow - I have never tried this and I have no idea why this could be happening, but I suspect it has something to do with the interaction and creation of adjacent BGL files... Try processing non-adjacent tiles (as in chessboard pattern), perhaps that might fix it.If you are concerned with the length of time processing takes, you might try setting up an inf file with multiple sources and one destination section. Then, just let her rip over night ;)

Misho,Is setting up the inf file addressed somewhere in this forum, or in the material that comes with the software? Being able to do this would save me alot of time.Thanks