Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

Fine adjustments for photoreal scenery

Misho I have been puzzled for several days about my inability to match up two separate hi res photos so that there are no discontinuities in roads, etc. between them. I have a project which fits perfectly over my airport.Call this the base project. I have a second project just west of the base project. I have no problems adjusting just the north extent of this secondary to match up the top of the west project to the top of the base project. Also, I have no problems sliding the west project towards the east until it overlays perfectly with the base project near the top................However......... near the bottom is a road which runs east and west which has a discontinuity when it crosses from one project to the other.. When I try to stretch the south end of the west project down by about .001 or .002 latitude it won't "take"...I have tried extreme values nad it refuses to change. I suspect something is going wrong with the double long?? variable I see in the inf file but I'm not a mal C expert.I say this because I made a radical change in the south extent only and went and recompiled the bgl, then looked at this part of the inf file....it is the same for two different south extents.CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00000846134878559966FYI I am using 0.95m/pixel aerial maps....which produce really good images.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,I have to admit I am at a loss here - I encountered all kinds of anomalies while working on hte photoreal sceneries, and they all draw a root from several factors:Inherent imprecision of MSFS andThe fact that the MSFS world is actually flat, not round.For instance, you cannot make a flight to the poles - up there (or down there :) ) everything falls apart.The best suggestion I have is - tweaking of the inf parameters (especially CellYdimensionDeg value). The functionality I implemented for GMAX module in terrabuilder deals with this problem to a certain extent, but only for the mesh part.Cheers,