Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

The "magic value" for the LOD overlap in topography des...

Hi all,I'm working on a topography scenery for Northern Michigan using Terrabuilder Pro. I created a test_0.asm with the gmax-module. However , I'm having great difficulty to actually compile the scenery. I tried to find the "magic value" for the LOD overlap in the source properties dialogue as it is described in the GMAX MESH MODULE Tutorial. So far I have rarely been able to find the value. Sometimes it worked when I entered a value of 1 or greater but this doesn't seem to be correct. I was wondering if anyone can help me find a way to calculate the values quickly instead of spending hours with trial and error. Just in case this provedes a clue this is the inf-file:[source] Type = ElevS16LSB SourceDir = "C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004" SourceFile = "test_0.raw" Lat = 45.571289 Lon = -84.843750 NumOfCellsPerLine = 64 NumOfLines = 64 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00091552734375000000 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00068664550781250000 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000[Destination] LOD = 11 DestDir = "C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004" DestBaseFileName = "test_0" UseSourceDimensions = 1Any help is greatly appreciated. Matthias

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Matthias,Pleae read the tutorial carefully - those values are very small, and NEVER anywhere close to 1 or more... they are in the order of 0.0001...so your values are 1000 times higher.This is straight from the tutorial:"Tip: the fastest way to determine the "magic number" is to start at "5" (for example, 0.0005) and work up or down, depending if you get a valid resample. Then, for the next precision level, start again at "5" (example, 0.00045) and move up or down, depending on the results. You will get the "magic number" this way in 30 seconds flat."