Sign in to follow this  

DeamFleet 737 and LNav

I am having a problem with VNAV. I set up the FMC and intstall a flight plan. All the legs have altitude and speed. I take off and get to 2000 ft and push auto pilot than LNAV and VNav. LNAV does great it follows the flight plan fine the LNAV does not work at all. I think put in 10000 and than at 10000 I tried VNAV again and the plane started into a decent where it was supposed to still be in a climbing out. I have put all the information into all the screens of the FMC. I am lost here, what is wrong? David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilotnicepilot@neo.rr.com

Hi David:In general the relationship between the FMC and the MCP altitude is that during a VNAV controlled climb or decent the first altitude reached (FMC or what is set in the MCP)is where the climb/decent will stop. Then, the aircraft will maintain that altitude.Assuming that response does not answer your question, Dreamfleet has a support forum at flightsimnetwork specifically for their products. Good Luck.

Should VNAV not follow the programed altitdue and speed like LNAV follows the the way points in the flight plan. So when I intiate VNAV and LNAV these things should follow the flight plan in altitude, speed and way point from after takeoff to the final approach. I have been in a 737 cockpit and Isaw the crew push LNav and VNAV and the plane followed what was in the FMC unless changed by the crew. So I do not understand why DreamFleet FMC does not do the samething. Someone please give the order of events after takeoff to LNAV and VNAV.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

Guest WorkingStiff

If you have 10,000 ft in the MCP, the aircraft will level off at that altitude even though you have a higher altitude set in the FMC.So you need to ensure that the altitudes in the MCP and FMC are the same.You really should be asking this question here: http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1

David:Just for kicks try this. Set the MCP altitude to you assigned FL before you take-off. Now, when you engabe V/LNAV what does the plane do?It SHOULD follow the FMC assigned/generated climb profile to the FL you set in the MCP. If not, then more investigation is required.

Guys,normal automated take-off:when on runway sey about 50% thrust,then push TOHA-button=>TO thrust as selcted in the FMC will be selected=>V1=>rotate=>thrust mode should announce N1(TO thrust),pitch mode TO/GA (to maintain V2+15knt),roll mode TO/GA(to maintain runway heading)=>engage LNAV(flightplan will be followed)=>engageVNAV=>pitch mode will be VNAV speed (V2+15knt till flap acceleration height=>then 250knots till 10000 feet=>the climb speed).at thrust reduction altitude:thrust mode:from TO thrust to climb thrustregards,Seba