Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

Problems With Photoscenery Layering & Rendering (Post A...

I am having some really screwy things happen in the simulator with regard to rendering sceneries that border one another.When combining photosceneries that border one another along the LOD grid lines, the simulator seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to displaying these layers. Certain parts of the sceneries seem to have a complete disregard for the layering assignment given to them in the scenery config. file.It's really hard to explain exactly what is happening, but I'll try my best:I have 3 sceneries, A, B & C, laid out in the following pattern, relative to NORTH:. . . . B. . . .A CTheir layering order is consistent with their alphabetic value, with A having lowest priority and C having highest. Because of this, layer C SHOULD appear on top of all 3 other sceneries, even though they overlap one another along the left side and top of C.But when rendered in the simulator, the only place where C ends up getting priority is in the upper/left corner, where it intersects with, and overlaps, both A & B. The rest of C becomes overwritten by them. This is really difficult to explain, so I'll include a couple screenshots for illustration... I hope these appear properly.I hope someone can give me some insight into why this is occuring.Much thanks in advance,SKhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142931.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142932.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If this is the LOD13 Photoscenery done with SDK method using TerraBuilder, I think the layering has nothing to do with your problem. I don't think layering as applicable to the LOD13 photo scenery - the scenery basically calls for a replacement to the original default texture. There are no layers involved, and nothing sits on top of something else.I think you rendered 3 chunks of scenery that overlap each other on the edges. The same area is contained in all 3 BGLs and the scenery engine is getting confused as to what to display. You have to render your scenery so that the chunks overlap by LESS than the width of one LOD. Pay special care to the corners, where 3 sceneries meet. Remember, the LOD chunk will be DISCARDED if it is not fully filled with the image. Use that as a guide and arrange your image sizes so that NONE of the three sceneries contain the same part of the image. If they do, you will get a BGL conflict.

Thanks so much Misho...You're right - I was overlapping some edges by one whole LOD chunk or more, thinking that layering applied to photoscenery. Wups!Now that I've trimmed everything up properly, I'm not having the problem. Schweeet! Thanks a lot - mucho apreciatado!SK