Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pat 1

Phtoscenery Night Textures/Light Maps/Night Lighting

Hi. Am in a spot and I need some help.I have finally mastered the ground level of photoscenery creation - procurement, manipulation and compilation of satellite/aerial imagry - and I'm ready to move on to the next levels:Water Masks and Light Maps.Water masking seems to be quite simple, so I think I'm good on that angle.The light mapping, however, is something that just confounds me. I understand what a lightmap is, and that the seasons must be activated in the scenery BGL in order for it to be visible and all of that. It's just the creation of the actual lightmap .bmp itself that I don't quite understand.Information from anybody whom has some insight into how one might most efficiently go about lighting roads, parking lots, business and residential districts etc. would be greatly appreciated. If it is standard practice to manipulate the daylight texture into night textures, I am most interested in that. If not, I'm all ears as to how it is most commonly done.I use ULead PhotoImpact, so I've got all the photo editing tools I'll need at my disposal. I just need to learn how to use them.I am interested in both direct information AND/OR any information on, or links to, available tutorials on the matter.Thanks alot,SK

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiUnless you have night textures the next best thing is to create them from the day extures. For my night scenery I use paintshop pro to darken and add light effects to my 4.5m resolution photoscenery (incl roads and urban terrain etc) and also for my night textures for gmax objects like buildings. I think scenerydesign.org is another great forum.