Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

Is Terrabuildser still around?

Hi,I attempted to download terrabuilder lite from the website but cannot. Didn't get a response when I queried about it from the website so I thought I would try here. Is terrabuilder still active? I couldn't even download the payware version. Can someone help?Thanks,Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Eric;Good Question! I am a Terrabuilder owner and downloaded the Supposedly GMAX version, and yet it still requires 256 color BMP files. I grt no resopnse from Terrabuilder.com either.Richard;

Hello!Sorry if I didn't catch your query - yes, TB is still active and I am not sure why you can't download - I just checked and I can download without problems. Here are the direct links, please try these:http://www.terrabuilder.com/DL_Files/TerraBuilder PRO.exehttp://www.terrabuilder.com/DL_Files/TerraBuilder LITE.exeLet me know if you are still unable to DL... there might be a problem with the space in the link.Things are changing, however... with the advent of TileProxy, the PhotoScenery might become the thing of the past. TerraBuilder is moving in the new direction with the TerraBuilder:Moon Lunar add-on for FS2004. This add-on is now completed and we are in the final stages of testing before the release. FSX version is coming very soon too! In order to create Lunar surface, we have developed a much more powerful utility for Studio MAX - it is used to design terrain mesh within MAX and export directly to FS. It has a core functionality of GMAX version with much more powerful features. We'll have this available for sale if there is interest (not many people have access to MAX)Here is a sneak peek at TerraBuilder:Moon:http://www.terrabuilder.com/FutureIsNowTitled.wmvhttp://www.terrabuilder.com/TBMDemoAscentTitled.wmvCheers,Misho

Hi Richard,Please read below - WRT 256 color comment, MS's DXT1/TXT3 formats are 8-bit, so your images would get converted into 8-bit anyway...I hope that helps...

Misho;That might be true, but not everyone can afford Roadrunner or dish internet. In my area we cant even have DSL! I only wish we could go higher than 4.8 meter resolution, I have my entire state in 2 ft per pixel. A little over one meter per pixel would be nice.Thanks for the reply!Richard;

Ok those are two separate issues - 256 color and resolution.I thought you were asking about 256 colors as opposed to true colors (indexed mode or RGB mode)...TerraBuilder supports FS9, not FSX, and therefore, the max resolution will be locked at 4.8 m/pix. FS9 does not support higher resolutions.

Thanks for responding Misho. I downloaded TileProxy but it doesn't work well with anything faster than a turboprop. Jets seem to be out because the tiles cannot download fast enough to keep up to the jet. I have cable internet so it doesn't get much faster than what I have so you might not be done yet. With regards to resolution, some sceneries appear to be a higher resolution than others. Does TileProxy use 4.8m resolution? If so, it wasn't very good for what I want with fs9.Eric

Hmmm nice to hear that the good ole' slugging and scenery creation is still alive. I'm not sure what exactly TP uses, but I know it connects to the Google Earth server (or wahtever map server you specify). It does have severe limitations - no FSX water, for example... It migh be that you can specify how far down you want to go in resolution, thus adjusting for high altitude jets or low and slow GA.I'll consider upgrading TB, but only after the current project commitments are fullfilled.