Sign in to follow this  
Guest sstobbe

Removing vestigal coastal flattens from photo scenery

Misho,I used Terrabuilder some time ago to develope scenery for a coastal area in British Columbia. I created watermasks and photo scenery .bmp's and then compiled them into scenery .bgls, using the process described in the Niagara tutorial.The final results completely overwrote the default scenery, with one exception- flat areas remained as vestiges of the old lakes, coastlines and rivers, often cutting through mountains, or creating high mesas.How can I eliminate these flattens? Can I simply erase the default scenery HP files, and my scenery will remain intact?Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok, fixed my problem, albeit in a rather heavyhanded way.I identified the offending .cvx files using the TMFviewer that comes with the fsx sdk, and simply nuked them all by changing their extensions! Wow, that felt good. The flattens are now gone.My scenery already has its own watermask which extends well out to sea, and good photoscenery, so I really could care less about fsx roads, powerlines, parks, and other junk possibly contained in the cxv's.BTW, for other readers, I really found the "Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X" tutorial helpful, available by searching SBuilder forums on Avsim. It explains core concepts, in addition to methods.Thanks,