Sign in to follow this  
robm1207

Moon info?

I would like to start a thread concerning TerraBuilder:Moon. I am very interested in the product but have seen very little about it. The intro, if there has been one, has been underwhelming but it appears that some people have purchased it. I would like to hear what users think of it. Future expansion possibilities seem endless and very intrigeing. Any early thoughts on this product?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello!Thanks for the interest in TerraBuilder:Moon. I just posted an "official" rundown that adresses some of your questions... please continue this thread with your comments and questions, and I will be more than happy to answer them all!Best regards, everyone!Misho KatulicPresident, TerraBuilder Inc.

I just got it last night. Visually it's stunning. I'm an Orbiter user from way back. I wish there was an Orbiter version of that Clavius Base.Flight characteristics of the moon hopper (or whatever it's called) are OK but not perfect. Didn't really expect that however. TBMoon add on is just a highly modified version of FS9. Other space craft may work better. There's a thread above about different FS9 space craft. Been downloading a few myself from here and SimViation.Overall I like TBMoon. It works as well as can be expected within FS9 constraints. If you want realistic physics you need Orbiter. I plan to use it in conjunction with Orbiter just as I sometimes use FS9. Fly to KSC in FS9, switch to Orbiter to reach the Moon and then use TBMoon once I arrive. What really pleased me however was the post above by Miso2 telling what TBMoon is and isn't. No inflated expectations, just the facts. If you like it after reading that then you'll probably like TBMoon.

Hello there,Thanks for the input. We love hearing from the users, as there indeed has been very few comments about our newest release. We are finishing up small improvements AND a comprehensive flight/operation manual on MoonHopper (it seems that we have overlooked the fact that most users really do appreciate a manual, in addition to the video flight lessons included in the package). Once that is ready, we will submit the product for reviews on a few major Flight Simulator sites.RE: the flight model - it is not perfect, but it does come close to the real thing. We have actually pushed it a bit further since the release and we are in the testing phase now. We will be able to offer it as an alternative flight model - but let us warn you - it is rather tricky to "fly" !We are very passionate about space exploration, and are determined to make TerraBuilder:Moon an add-on for space enthusiasts who like to explore extraterrestrial worlds down at the "boot level". This is made possible by proven MS FS terrain engine. As amazing as Orbiter space sim is, it is just not designed to provide a detailed planetary surface model. This is where our product fills the niche.The most amazing thing is - since it is a FS add-on, all the knowledge the FS add-on designers have accumulated can be directly applied to TerraBuilder:Moon, therefore opening the new possibilities for freeware, as well as quality payware. We are committed to expanding the TerraBuilder:Moon world. Here's what we have in the works:An FSX edition!!! With its incredible high-resolution scenery engine, new mission architecture, animation possibilities and a load of new features, things are soon going to get very exciting on the lunar surface!Also in the works are a few FREE add-ons for both FS9 and FSX versions:a 2001:Space Odyssey MoonBusa fully-drivable dusty, bouncy lunar roverFSX lunar bases upgraded with underground hangars and elevating pad platforms.Approaching the 40th anniversary of Lunar landings, we intend to re-create the each and every successful Apollo landing with a detailed LEM, instrumentation, effects and a highly-accurate EVA area (terrain and landscape elements) for each of the missions. We intend to have every rock, crater and piece of hardware in place for virtual explorers to visit, just like in the real Apollo missions.Stay tuned!Misho KatulicThe TerraBuilder Team(PS: attached is a little sneak preview of the upcoming FREE MoonBus!!!)

Another Sim site of interest w/ links: www.eaglelander3d.com. It's a simulation of all the Lunar Module (Apollo Missions) & more. Very detailed LM.