Sign in to follow this  
misho_TerraBuilder

A question for misho2 ....

First off I wanted to tell you how awesome the TerraBuilder: Moon package is. It has become the ONLY thing I fly. Which is kind of funny, because for so long I was a dedicated rotor-head. Too be honest, my wife purchased it for me several months ago as a gift. I said "Oh thanks honey..." and promptly burned it to a cd and then filed it in the CD rack of never used disks. I didn't even install it at the time. I had already wasted my money on the lunar-pilot addon from things to come. I was very unimpressed with their product, and just figured that this was another just like it. It wasn't until my son (having recently taken an interest in astronomy) asked me if I had any "space stuff" for my computer. I let him fly the lunar-pilot addon, and then we installed the TerraBuilder: Moon package. Well, to make a long story short, we haven't stopped flying it yet. It has been a month or so. A couple years back, we built a simpit for LOMAC, and a heli sim-pit for the DodoSim advanced 206. Now having dismantled those for spare parts and supplies, we are going to build a Moon Hopper pit. Ok, now that my testimonial part is done, I have a question to ask of you. I work as a network engineer for a boutique ISP in Colorado. I have access to a decently powered dedicated server, all the available bandwidth that I could EVER need, and a VERY understanding boss. I would like to setup a fan-board/forum for TerraBuilder: Moon. using ikonboard ( http://www.ikonboard.com/ ) the same format/style as www.hovercontrol.com . I know that avsim hosts your terrabuilder forum currently. However, I am sure that with the current success of TerraBuilder: Moon and the impending FSX release that you have promised us, that it will soon need it's OWN space. At first I was just planning on setting up a fan-page to document the build of our cockpit project, but really think that since TerraBuilder: Moon is a completely unique product, there is going to be a huge following, and a dedicated place for all of us space nuts to share photos of sim-pits, share new models, new scenery , etc, would be great.So what I am asking of you, is your permission to do so. I am not asking for official endorsement from terrabuilder, just an ok to use pictures, product names, and references for a fan based community forum. "www.moon-hopper.com" .If not, I will just stick to my fan-page idea. hit my email if you want to chat about this.gomi@digitalgomi.net--->>>[gomi]<<<---

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, and thank you very much for your kind words and compliments! It is always a pleasure to find out there are users who enjoy our product as much as we do! I have to admit that, our biggest problem is the visibility of the product. Just as in your case, a lot of people are unsure of what to think of it, and are a bit jaded with other "experimental" FS add-ons. I'm glad to say that FlightSim.com is about to wrap up a comprehensive review of the software, so we hope that will give some authority to the product.I would be completely supportive of your idea - you have my full backing! Please let me know exactly what you'd need as far as branding. There are a few other ideas that I'd like to chat about with you, and I'll contact you via e-mail shortly.Cheers,Misho