Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest yatesp2

TerraBuilder Crashes

I just installed TerraBuilder and encountered no installation issues. However, when launching from all three bases, my vehicle is positioned "under" the base structures making it nearly impossible to take off without crashing. There must be something wrong, but the software offers no clues to a configuration change. Any advice from other users would be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmm... Every flight situation has a parameter called "SimOnGround=FALSE"... this tells the sim to load the spacecraft on top of the platform. Check the FLT files in "Flights/Lunar Bases" dir to see that this is set.What kind of add-ons are you running? A clean FS installation should run TBM without any problems, but if you have a lot of add-ons, any one of them may be introducing a conflict which would be impossible to track down for obvious reasons. This raises a good technical issue which will be addressed in the next release...Misho

Misho,Thanks for the reply. I found the directory you suggested, but can't open all of the files to view their contents looking for "SimOnGround." For each base, there is an application file, an HTML file and ".WX" file. Since I am not experienced with these files, I am not sure what application needs to open them.This is the only add-on I have installed for FS2004 so I not sure how I may have interferred with the proper execution. I have gone back and forth between earth and moon mode a few times and noticed things did improve in moon mode. For example, my initial execution starting at Clavious showed the hopper compressed into the ground at launch. This produced the crash. When I ran earth and returned to moon, this base appeared fine and seems to be staying that way. I tried one of the other bases that is built on a crator wall and no matter what I've tried, it always initiates underneath the structure. I can carefully slide down the hill and out from underneath before I launch. One other odd situation is that sometime, hopper doesn't seem to want to fly. In one base that is built entirely over a crator, I initiate under the structure and can barely lift enough to climb out along the crator walls. Of course, I usually hit the structure above trying to get out.If you would please give me a few things to try, I'll continue to explore this problem and perhaps we can get everything worked out.Thanks,Pat

What you need to do is open a FLT file, and that's easy: Right click on it, and choose "open with" and select "notepad" from the menu. You can click in the box below to open these files with notepad from now on. They will open as any text file.So, open one of those files and make sure that "SimonTheGround=FALSE" variable is there.As far as the power to the MoonHopper, that's easy too: When you turn on the engine, after about 5 seconds when it "spools up", press CTRL+F4 - that is the command for full throttle. You'll have the max power then, which you can control with the throttle lever. Let me know how it goes.Misho

Misho,I completely uninstalled both FS9 and Moon and the then reinstalled both just to make sure I had a clean start. I finally managed to locate and open the FLT files you mentioned and found SimOnGround=FALSE on all three bases. I even changed one version to =TRUE to see if that would make any difference. It had no impact on the program's operations. I have included the original Clavious.FLT for your review.Thanks for sticking with this. I am learning as I go and willing to modify and try what ever you recommend. And by the way, when I do manage to get off the ground, I enjoy the new challenges and look forward to more flying.Thanks,Pat

Hi Pat,So you have uninstalled both FS9 and TBM, and re-installed both. And, you have a fresh FS9 installation, and this is STILL happening? We've never seen this before. Ok, try this: Go to the 3rd lunar base, "Tsiolkovsky", and as soon as it loads, press "Y" for slew. Then use "F3" to slowly slew up, until you are just above the landing platform. Center the MoonHopper above the platform, and gently lower it (using "Y" on and off). I'd like to know if the elevated landing surface is present at all... please let me know.Misho

Misho,Great idea. I thought of it myself shortly after posting my last forum note. On all three bases, slew allows me to establish myself on the platforms with little difficulty. In fact, I have begun to master the flight controls enough to return to the platforms and land safely. On one of the bases (I forget which), I was even able to land on one of the sub-levels. I am satisfied that the levels are there and using slew mode, I am able to compensate for the start-up issues I am having. If we make no further progress, I am still able to enjoy this simulator.Pat

I have same mBpro and when I run the flash for free region it does nothing. I do not want to double click it too many times. Is there something that is suppose to happen on screen?M