Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cruachan

Crashing at Corpernicus

Hi Misho,Revisited TBMoon today and was glad to confirm that moving the water effects slider to 'none' got rid of the blue slivers on the horizon. :)However, I have encountered another couple of issues:1. On loading TBMoon I see an error relating to not finding the default flight or suggesting it might be corrupt. I resolved this by commenting out my FS9 'SITUATION=D:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMIKE_KSEA_Seattle_DEFAULT' entry in FS9.CFG. Next time TBMoon was run a new empty 'SITUATION=' entry was added and all is well once again.2. When I load the Copernicus Base flight the MH crashes through the landing pad onto the ground below:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187452.jpgThis doesn't happen at the other bases.Otherwise the sim seems to be working very well indeed, although I too am noting a drop in frame rates around the complex bases.Regards,Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mike,1: There was a hiccup somewhere, as that initial situation wasn't supposed to be in Fs9.cfg - the installer should have changed this line to a moon-specific sit. Was it like that since the first time you ran TBM?2: This looks like a Copernicus situation file is missing a "SIMONGROUND=FALSE" statement. Is that default copernicus situation, or did you save the flight? If you saved it, You have to manually edit the Flight Situation and change SIMONGROUND=TRUE to FALSE. This is a known FS9 bug - you can't save elevated platform unless you manually edit this line.Misho

Hi Misho,"1: There was a hiccup somewhere, as that initial situation wasn't supposed to be in Fs9.cfg - the installer should have changed this line to a moon-specific sit. Was it like that since the first time you ran TBM?2: This looks like a Copernicus situation file is missing a "SIMONGROUND=FALSE" statement. Is that default copernicus situation, or did you save the flight? If you saved it, You have to manually edit the Flight Situation and change SIMONGROUND=TRUE to FALSE. This is a known FS9 bug - you can't save elevated platform unless you manually edit this line."1. As far as I can tell, nothing is changing in FS9.cfg on switching to 'Moon' mode. When I comment out FS9's 'SITUATION=' line it is added back in at the next run of TBMoon:(USERINTERFACE)MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectFlightLevel=2SelectFlightTitle=1PageID=8OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=;SITUATION=D:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMIKE_KSEA_Seattle_DEFAULTThis problem only became apparent after installing TerraBuilderMoon10003.exe. Seems odd no one else has mentioned it.I checked again after saving a flight situation at Copernicus and when I switch back to 'Earth' mode the FS9.cfg lines remain unchanged:(USERINTERFACE)MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=0PageID=4OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=D:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMike_TBMoon_Copernicus;SITUATION=D:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMIKE_KSEA_Seattle_DEFAULT2. Okay, I saved a flight situation at Copernicus and edited the 'SIMONGROUND=' line. That worked after a repositioned the MH gently on the landing pad. I say 'gently' because you can still fall through the pad onto the crater ground below if your descent is too rapid.There still remains another problem, however. While sitting on the pad I see various parts of the Copernicus Base superstructure suspended above me:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187527.jpgRegards,Mike

I don't think there's a problem with the newest version - We haven't had any such issues relating to it whatsoever. I think the problem is in how you installed the new version, possibly while in the Moon mode (although installer would warn you) or there might have been a file access problem during an install or during one of the mode switch operations. The "hardware in the air" is most likely yet again the CFG problem - it looks like the LOD13 level is not enabled (there is a switch in CFG file, because native FS9 does NOT support LOF13 mesh) and, coupled with other CFG problems, leads me to believe that something is off in the CFG section. Your best bet is to completely uninstall TBM, make sure that FS9 is working normally, and then re-install TBM fresh.If you don't want to re-install, let me know and I'll give you a checklist of what you should see in CFG files. The hardware in the air problem should be fixed by making sure you have the following entry in the [TERRAIN] section:TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=25Misho

Hi Misho,I uninstalled TBMoon and reinstalled afresh, but with the same results :(You mentioned you didn't have a problem nor, it seems, does anyone else, so the cause had to be at my end.I looked at the folder tree under C:Documents and SettingsMikeApplication DataMicrosoft and noted that there were 3 FS9-related folders:FS9, FS9FS and FS9TBWhen I switched between 'Moon Mode' and 'Earth Mode' nothing was changing in the folder tree, nor was there a change in FS9.cfg of the parameter value for 'TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL='That was the clue which led me to the solution.1. First I confirmed that the content of the folders FS9 and FS9FS were identical (including the content of FS9.cfg).2. I then renamed the folder FS9 to make it inactive.3. While in 'Earth' mode I then renamed the folder FS9FS to FS9.From that point on, transferring between the two modes, Moon and Earth, proceeded without a hitch.Now, in MOON MODE:1. TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=25 2. FSLiveURL=www.terrabuilder.com/TBM/TBLive.html appears under (USERINTERFACE)3. SITUATION= also appears under (USERINTERFACE) in place of my FS9's SITUATION=D:Documents and SettingsMikeMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesMIKE_KSEA_Seattle_DEFAULTSo, the question is why did I end up with with 3 FS9-related folders? This appears to confuse the TRANSFER module to the extent that nothing changes. Yet no errors were reported. Clearly, following a fresh installation of TBMoon there only needs to be 2 folders - FS9 and FS9TB.Transferring to MOON MODE causes the FS9 folder to be renamed to FS9FS and the folder FS9TB to FS9.Transferring to EARTH MODE causes the FS9 folder to be renamed to FS9TB and the folder FS9FS to FS9.Confirming I was indeed in EARTH MODE and the only 2 folders present were FS9 and FS9TB, I then uninstalled TBMoon. The FS9TB folder disappears and the content of FS9.cfg remained unchanged.I then reinstalled TBMoon from the executable archive TerraBuilderMoon10003.exe. The FS9TB folder reappeared with no sign, at this stage, of the folder FS9FS.Then I transferred to MOON MODE. FS9 was renamed to FS9FS and FS9TB to FS9, just as was intended. Sorry if this has all seemed a bit long winded, Misho, but I just wanted to show you that the problem was indeed at my end and NOT with your software.The mystery remains as to how the original FS9 folder was preserved and a copy held in the folder FS9FS when the switcher was run to transfer to MOON MODE. Also, it seems that at one point the routine which renames the FS9TB folder to FS9 didn't execute properly. That's the only way that I can see whereby I ended up with the 3 folders - FS9, FS9FS and FS9TB.Anyway, it's working fine now and you will also be glad to hear that all issues at Copernicus are resolved without having to do any file editing. :)Regards,Mike