Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misho_TerraBuilder

TerraBuilder:Moon for FSX

Exclusive to this forum, and still under tight wraps - we've been busy working on the FSX successor to TerraBuilder:Moon. With the new possibilities offered by FSX with respect to modeling, simulation and animation, and especially controlling more closely internal workings of the sim, we've managed to develop a fully-functional and robust ballistic/orbital flight model capable of reaching and maintaining orbits to the current limit of FSX. This means that now, for the first time in Flight Simulator's franchise history, it is possible to simulate spaceflight in great detail, while providing a highly capable, flexible and familiar user environment that evolved through the years of Flight Simulator franchise development, to the state of the art visual simulation tool it is today.In plain English - this new product (tentatively named "Spaceflight Module", or SFM) will not be just an add-on, but a highly capable extension to FSX with its own SDK, offering users possibilities of creating and flying their own spacecraft and hardware much in the same way it is done today with aircraft. The users will be able to launch and orbit Earth and Moon, with Earth-Moon trips (and later, Mars and other near-Earth worlds, as data becomes available) simulated within the confines of the current FSX capabilities. This project is still in an early development stage, so stay tuned for more info as it becomes available!http://www.terrabuilder.com/SFM/SFM1.jpghttp://www.terrabuilder.com/SFM/SFM2.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is absolutely amazing news! I've been waiting for something like this for ever! Hats off to Orbiter Space Sim, but it has fallen behind in technology... and the latest update was something like 2 years ago. Plus, I've been creating my own FS content and I'm quite comfortable with FSX SDK.Okay - I have a 10,000 questions... Are you modeling staging? Rendez-vous? Re-entry? Ryan

Hi Ryan,Yes, absolutely - we are currently hard at work developing all of the features you've asked about, as they are vital to any aspect of spaceflight. We are also looking into putting a hybrid setup together so that you'll be able, for example, to launch a rocket off a conventional plane (as in, the Virgin Galactic SpaceshipTwo)

Are you saying we're going to have a realistic Saturn V to launch from KSC with staging & CSM/LM docking, in other words a complete Apollo flight to the moon, concluding with re-entry and splashdown ?, if so this is very very good news, be looking forward to it.

Correct - that's the goal we're working towards. We'll be implementing this to the full extent possible within FSX confines.