Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Dash8 question for Radivil

Guest 727Fan

I'm trying to create a feeder system from regional airports to hubs in the US, Mexico, and Canada using Dash8. Yet the only Dash8 available is the USAir Ex Dash 8.Perhaps you could put your good talents to use by repainting Dash8s into some of the other Express type systems out there.So, are there any United Express, American Eagle, Skyway (Midwest Express feeder) America West, Continental Express, Delta, etc. systems paint schemes that could be applied to the Dash8 skin?Even though there probably aren't too many that use the Dash8, it certainly would be OK (in my mind) to replace the default liveries with something resembling reality.What do you think?Rick ( my wife likes to call my flight sim world "RickWorld)

Don't forget a repaint of the default in Air Nova livery(Air Canada connector)That would be nice.Thanks to all the great repainters out there.Richard

My apologies for missing this and finding it almost two months later. I was particularly busy March 15-17 and this must have sank down quickly and I just missed it.Anyhow, short answer: yeah probably.Right now, I'm slowly but surely working on Pittsburgh International because I find the default scenery to be horribly ugly and inaccurate. It's a lot of hard work and sometimes it gets pretty frustrating. When it's frustrating, I'd rather do something else.That something else could easily be a pair of Dash 8s to make a default replacement set (my US Airways one and two new ones).I'll look around at airliners.net to see if there's any airlines that could be useful. I'll try to pick a west coast one and a midwest one so that they dont look all that out of place (it would be odd to see US Airways express planes in Oregon, for example).

Guest 727Fan

Hi Radivil! I forgot I had posted this. Since then, Mike Stone debuted his nice ERJ-145. And Anniette Chabout has done some nice repaints. But the ERJ doesn't always fit at smaller airports. I'm using your US Air X model. I've also got a Continental, Northwest, Air Ontario, and Air Canada (JAZZ) livery.Skyway uses Beech 1900s. But I'm not picky about that. A Dash8 would fit nicely. I've seen actual shots of a United X Dash 8. And I know there's somebody flying a Dash8 in America West colors.Hey, I appreciate your repsonse. Haven't heard form you in awhile. As a matter of fact, somebody today was asking about a Midwest Express MD80, so I directed him over to your model. I'm sure we all will benefit from any exercise in "relief" you engage in.Rick

I started working on a Mesa (America West Express) Dash 8, as about half the pics on airliners.net were Mesa (the other half USA-X!). I'm still debating on whether or not to the third as a Skyway or United one though.

Guest 727Fan

Thank You Radivil!!! Looking forward to whatever you present. The United X is clearly more applicable through-out the country and exists in reality.The Skyway is just an exercise in wishful thinking. Skyway uses the 1900 on short routes (300) miles radius from their 2 hubs in Milw and KC. But since I see them at KMKE alot, I'm biased.And in a moment devoid of bias................ I say go with the UA Xand do a Skyway whenever you need a second round of relief. :-kewl Rick