Sign in to follow this  

A/C taxi speed

Tried adding a taxiway tip to get aicraft off the runway faster, the aicraft gets to the hold point and stops.Any ideas?Thanks

Guest lmoelleb

My latest theory is that they stop if you have taxipoints (maybe even taxiways) too close to each other. For example they can taxi along the side of an unused runway, but moving the taxiline in on top of the runway line gave me those problems.

Guest Andrew

">>>>My latest theory is that they stop if you have taxipoints (maybe even taxiways) too close to each other.<<<<"Yes I found this out too, after editing the taxiways for "Real Airports /Paris Orly" I found there must be a long gap between the end of the taxiway and the HoldShort point, other wise the AI plane will just sit there all day.

Excuse me for doing this,but i`d like to keep this one up top.***BUMP***

>>How are the planes behaving in CFS? >>The DLL looks like it's shared between CFS and FS2K2. I do >>not have CFS,>>No idea as neither do I :-)) >>Peter Leadbeater, >Air Pierre, Warrington, UK. What program did you use to disassemble the DLL file ?I might try to give it a shot.thanks,tim.

>What program did you use to disassemble the DLL file ? >I might try to give it a shot. Hi Tim,I found two on www.download.com :-pexsetup.exe (1.675Mb) - a limited use proggy for thirty days.http://www.heaventools.com/hack602.zip (4.046Mb) - a freeware proggy with loads of support!http://www.technologismiki.com/hackman/Good luck!!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

>Hey everyone.I think we should get together and see if we >can figure out a way to increase the taxi speed.its causing >me quite alot of problems and is simply annoying having >planes going around because the 737 won`t clear the runway >in time. Have you ever 'hitched a ride' with any of the AI aircraft?You might be surprised to learn that they taxi at an average 15kts while on the runway after landing, slow to about 6kts turning, and then accelerate back to about 15kts for taxi.That sounds like pretty much a realistic speed!

I don't think the taxi speed is as much the problem as the fact that AI aircraft slow to the taxi speed so soon after landing whether the next taxiway is 50 feet away or 5000 feet away, in the real world the aircraft would keep its speed up until it got near the taxiway to expedite clearing the runway.