Sign in to follow this  

AFCAD causing FS2002 to crash

Tom,Thanks for the idea, but it did not work. After I install the afd files from the fs2002 cd everything works great. The new indices, indexes and everything boots up fine. So I do not think I have faulty afd files. If I did then fs2002 would have been crashing all the time right? Now once I get fs2002 up and running fine, I then proceed to open afcad and change something at a airport, save it and then open fs2002 and then it goes to generating scenery file indices, next it says building database for scenery files, then it tries to do something else I can only see it for about .5sec and then fs2002 closes and sends me back to my desktop. So I am almost at the end of the road here I think. Oh well...life goes on.

I was thinking that you might have corrupt AFD files on the CD that are OK for FS, but not for AFCAD or AddaGate (they totally corrupt them). That's why I suggested getting the files from someone else's CD.Yep, I'm out of ideas, that's for sure. The thing you see only for about 0.5 seconds is FS rebuilding the facility file index (the AFD files).Sorry I couldn't be more help,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Well, I had a crazy idea. I installed FS2002, Afcad, And fsuipcc on my wifes computer and guess what everything worked fine. Only one problem though I can't use her computer, anyway it leads me to a new idea. I will install FS2002 on my other hard drive hoping this will solve my little problem. The only problem I think I will have is my other hard drive is only 4.0 gb and has windows on it and some other crap. I will have to do some shifting but stay tuned....

I sure wish I could see those winapi calls .... I'm more than curious-j

Problem solved!! Well sort of. I installed FS2002 to my c drive. I have two drives C and D. After installing to C drive everything is working fine. I am able to use AFCAD and Add a gate fine now. So there is something on my D drive that is causing this problem to occur. I would rather have FS2002 on my D drive so any ideas other than reformatting? Maybe a defrag it has been a while.

delete everything in the FS2002 folder on D Drive.... and then reinstall it to that drive...there is probably a file that has stayed in the folder somewhere that has been conflicting (that's why I asked for the scenery.dat file).-j

I tried to delete everything in the fs2002 folder on the D drive I totally deleted the fs2002 folder and also the microsoft games folder. So this one is really weird. Who could something on the D drive that is outside the folder effect this?

Switching harddisk didn't work for me...Has anybody found a solution to this problem?

What worked for me is I totally unistalled FS, then reformatted the drive it was on. For some unknown reason it works fine now...that was about a month ago...since then everything is great.

Hmmmm... I just did that... Reinstalled Windows and everything, but the problem is still there. This is frustrating.

Guest yapper4

I was getting the same trouble with the facilities.dll file, and tryed every thing offeres here. so I haven't added and scenery file, sience I started getting the error. I just went to the scenery cfg and cut out the last group of entries in it for the last scenery I installed and it worked it was locking up at 6% but now it is up and running. Could it really be this easy, I will see how long it goes and try Jeff