Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Getting ATIS to work?

Guest Joshieca

I have added ATIS to an airport that didn't have it before. This is NOT a new airport add but rather a modification. The original airport from MS had a tower and departure/arrival freq. but no clearance, ground, or ATIS. I have gotten ground and clearance delivery to work, but so far the ATIS will not. Either by a pop up screen or tuning into the freq. via the instrument panel. There is a metar for this airport, but I am not sure if it gets downloaded into FS2002 or not.Any suggestions to try?- josh

Guest Joshieca

Nevermind....got it.

I am having the same problem. Can't get the ATIS to work. Everything else works fine. This is an airport built from scratch.Can you, please tell how did you solve the problem?Thank youLitow

Guest Joshieca

It's been a while since I did it, but from what I can remember you need watch out for...1. Proper freq. - make sure you assign a radio freq. that aircraft can tune to.2. Make sure that there is a METAR downloaded for that airport.3. Choose either ASOS or ATIS4. Make sure you use the airport code name. (See pict below)ATIS.jpgHope that helps...- josh >:-)

Thank you for your quick answer.How o where can I get a METAR for the airport? Litow

I got it working. I've just changed the ATIS Frequency from 28.7 to 19.7 on AFCAD, resaved it and it works fine. Don't know why. I was using the correct ICAO name.Thanks a lot for your helpLitow

Guest Joshieca

No problem...(( See people, I can help users without being jerk sometimes )) >:-)