Sign in to follow this  

Why such drastic Frame Rate Drop at Palm Beach Intl., F

Hello girls,Am getting high 20's frame rates everywhere in the world, however, when I fly to Florida's "Palm Beach International" at night, FPS drop to 2-3 FPS. I have a new and powerful high end system and do not think it is a hardware issue or graphcs driver issueTry landing or taking off as follows:Airport: Palm Beach IntlRunway: 9L, Time: Night time (must be dark out. FPS are normal during day)Aircraft: Fly: any small GA i.e Fly MS Baron 58 or any Cessna. Graphics sliders: At least 40%. This is the only airport in Florida that I think has this bug. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?Thanks,Kosmo007PS You may write to me direct if you wish: "jking3@mindspring.com"

I remember reading somwhere that this was some sort of "unexplained phenomena" that only affected KPBI in FS2K2. I don't think there was ever a workaround found for it.MikeOcala, Florida

Another known bug, occurs the very second that the runway lights come on. No known fix (except to fly in daylight!).

Hi,I opened 2 threads on this subject by mistake. I thought the first one, this one, was aborted before posting.My apologies for the screw up!Kosmo007

Its FS version of noise abate. No flights in or out of KPBI from dusk til dawn! :-xxrotflmaoKil~

I was curious, as I don't know if you caught my response in the other thread.... I mentioned that this problem also exists if you drop vis. to 1 mile or less (the threshold for daytime runway lights). I think the problem is in KPBI's taxiway lights, as dropping scenery density leaves the runway lights on, but the taxiway lights off. So I think we still need an airport rebuild, if the original can be excluded. Been to that airport in real life around nine years ago... It's one of my favorites in the U.S..... (or perhaps I remember it that way, as I was flying home from a two-month business trip at the time)...John, KPHX

HI I fly there for real few years ago an as we landed the outside went all stuttery alsoSo I think it is Microsoft way of making it real as it get Anniettexxxxxxxx