Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

TTools & Aircraft compatibility

Twice this week, the 2nd time being this evening, I have had the TTools Tcompiler lock up while trying to compile the flightplans.Turns out it was an aircraft hanging it up. As soon as I removed the involved aircraft, I was able to compile again. Put the aircraft back in and bam, (sounds like Emeril doesn't it) compiler lockup.I don't remember the first ac to do it, but the second was Nate Tenney's (hope I spelled that right)Hawaiian B717. Beautiful looking and flying aircraft, but Tcompiler does not llike it at all. Was d/ld off avsim and specified it was a GMAX a/c. But the original readme file stated that it was made with FSDS.Anyone know what is happening here?CheersWarren

Guest 727Fan

Has the same problems. I've noticed the lock-up occurs when:-I've added new aircraft as well as editedinserted new flight plans.-I've missed altering arrivaldeparture times when changing aircraft assigned to a flight plan. For example, substituting a RJ for a Dash 8, or an A330 for a B777. Cruise speeds differ. If the max repeat time (24Hrs) is used and the aircraft cannot reach its destination in 11 hrs.Like you said, removing the newly added ac, or removing the new ac from a flight plan will free the compiler.I dunno why it does it specifically, but it seems there are ways around it. I've found that if I decompile and want to add aircraft and edit flight plans, I will add the aircraft, re-compile, start the sim, exit, then decompile again, the new aircraft will remain. But doing both adding and editing will lock the compiler. Just my observations. But when it happens, it gets scary!Rick

Guest Joshieca

I have had similar problems also. Are you guys running Windows XP? For me it was the case that the compiler and the decomplier were set to run in Windows 2000 via compatibility mode. (Right click on the program icon, go to properties, click on the compatibility tab) Once I unchecked to box marked "Run the program in compatibility mode for", all of my crashes went away....Just a FYI- Josh

Hi!I had the same problem. I copied all the necessary files including the compiler to a new folder and ran it there without a lockup and without any changes in the flight plans or aircrafts etc. I have WindowsXP.Try it, maybe it helps and saes a lot of work.Greetings,Tatu

Guest HeavyFan

Hey guy's! Well I have about 180 planes in my TT Tools Aircraft list! Theya are all G-max made planes like the POSKY 767's,A-330's,also the G-max made 717's I downloaded from AVSIM! All the Default planes which are mostly repaints! I never had a lockup of TT Tools by adding these planes or flight plans! I have Windows ME, Just as long as everything is setup correctly there will be no problems! Especially with ADD-ON flight plans! Have to double check all the entries before Compiling them or will get an error! Well just my .02 worth! MIKE.