Sign in to follow this  

Free Ballon Rides

Coming to an area of your choice, free balloon rides. You pick the location for the gathering and then let the winds decide the

Great pictures, Bob.Let me know when you finish your project.I, too, attempted to have the balloons fly the pattern in my local airport KTOA. I was able to make them taxi and hold short of the runway for takeoff. Only to see them disappear one by one.You mention that you "Played with the aircraft.cf files to get them from disappearing". Could you tell me exactly what was edited. Would appreciate it very much.Thanks.Abe

They "take off" and fly/float at about 7kts and 3500 feet now. See the recently added pictures. Had about 12 up with the wind taking them where ever. Only problem now and I am not going to work to try and resolve is that I have never seen one land. We will next make several hot air balloon ports close together in the Albuquerque area and get over 100 up at once in the area just like the yearly convention they have. Why don't you paint one ... two ... three and send the texture to me and I will include them. The pure white one you see in the last set of pictures is for painting. A real chance to show your talent. No one is going to say you goofed on a balloon layout/color scheme. Better yet, make a new one in gmax and send the mdl and texture file to us for the big show. It is easy, no moving parts, just merged shapes. Goofy and Mickey are regulars at Albuquerque. How about a tall Budwiser. Or even a Pontiac Excitement like what was at the Richmond Nascar race. And yes, if you want to paint a blimp, it will fly just as easily as an AI craft at 7kts only or what the wind happens to add/subtract. A skydiver with chute out will also work if you are not concerned with him ever getting back on the ground.Here is the new link for the added pictures..http://cards.webshots.com/cp-24878347-zZiL.../37408168kxOFbCReally a good place to upload pictures ... it is free w/o size restrictions and a "uploader" is available free that allows an entire folder to be uploaded at once.Enjoy and best regards,Bobrsam@mtco.com