Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft ID Swapper

Mike Lyons developed a great program when he introduced Airport ID Swapper which saves alot of time when downloading and importing all the airport overlays that now exsist.However, as more and more flightplans become available has anyone come up with an Aircraft ID Swapper. Each persons AC#xxx list is usually a little different and a swapper would save alot of time when adding the large flightplans.If I missed it somewhere and the program exsist could someone direct me in the right direction.Thanks

I don't think there is really a need for a special aircraft ID swapper program. All you need to do is open the flightplan.txt file with Wordpad and use its "Find and Replace" feature to swap aircraft numbers.Ray :)

Yes, but you have to watch out when doing this:first you have to be sure that you don't do this:change: AC#2into: AC#14for example, because aircraft number AC#24 would become AC#144. You have to type the comma after the ac number:change: AC#2,into: AC#14,Also be sure that you don't change a number into one that is already in the flight plans. For example: you change 12 into 15, but 15 is already used, and afterwards you want to change 15 into 24: you see what happens. Perhaps the best way is to change for example AC#12 into AC#B737400 and when you changed all the numbers in the flight plans, change AC#B737400 into AC#24.I know you don't need to watch out for this often (especially because much flight plans only use a few aircraft), but when there are a lot of different planes in the flight plans, you better do.BenL

Thanks BenLI did not know there could be a problem, thanks for pointing that out to me.

There is such a program. It's called MergeAI v1.0 and MapAI v1.0Merges and rationalizes AI flight plans from multiple sources.Maps installed aircraft to proper airline and aircraft type.Distributes liveries among flightplans for airline and aircraft type.You can found it here on AVSIM.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

ThanksI downloaded that program a few days ago but have not use it yet.Will give it a try