Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

Geof's Beechcraft Debonair almost ready...

Hi Again,I have to apologize here, as I may have misconstrued my own words. The panel does not scroll true to Fly!II functionality that many are used to. You place the mouse cursor at the top of the Panel, left click and drag it down to a more pattern friendly view. You then need to drag the scenery down the same way to fill the void in that view. Once this is done, you are set for the flight and can drag the panel with the mouse, without having to redrag the scenery.So it does not work exactly like the scrolling panel in Fly!II, but you can achieve similar results, especially since this plane has a click button on the panel for the co-pilot view, which shows the GPS and the radio stack. Geof has simply made available quite a few options in this aircraft. You can use the Default GPS, The Garmin 195, The Reality XP stack, or the default radio stack. I just feel that he has done a great job with the help of James Eden, Michael Verlin, and others. :-)I will post this process tonight in detail with a few pics in tutorial fashion, and link it once the Plane is released. Thanks again for posting Peter,Regards,Joe :-)http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest wkzzo

Im on a dial up Geofo sorry. Do you know what type of installer it is. Some are just executable un zippers that basically do what winzip does. Others write to the registry and also add files to the start menu and an uninstaller to the add remove programs list. If its just an unzipper type exe I can just execute it to a folder and them manually install the files. Thanks again Geofa.

Its the second type-writes to registry, ands files to start menu, throws all the files where they belong, and allows easy unistall.It is about the same size as the stand alone parts-which unfortunately for dial up people is around 25 megs zipped!) :-(I used to be a dial up guy so I share your pain.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Of course the perspective changes depending on where your head is.Here is a shot in flight crossing the mississippi river in level flight. Next over Tulsa, Ok-looking from the left forward.The third is over tuscon in level flight. They are all a little different-and thats why the end user can adjust to get the level they are comfortable with (shift enter etc.).As for the scrolling-it does scroll-but only up and down. That still allows for pulling the cockpit down like when looking out the window-or burying your head with the full view for instruments.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Geof,YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT THIS PLANE, DON'T YOU? Can't wait. Everybody's going to love it. It could be an award winner for the year at AVSIM. I hope so. Your friend, Stan

Bumpity Bump BumpJust got an email from Geof that he uploaded it to Avsim. :-grnmdJust waiting for them to add it to the list!!! :-yellow1Thanks,Steve :-wave

This is a historical moment The pilot who knows the filling of real aircraft, sharing his experience here for long time, and now the plane, the cockpit the aerodynamics .Who can be a better judge, Who can make us more self confident that using FS 2002 is a real adventure.Thanks Geofa http://www.cuic.ca/seroka/lo14.jpg

Well you guys are scaring the --- out of me!I hope everyone enjoys it-but I look at it as a work in progress. When you work on a project like this-there is always something that can be done better, and I am sure these things will be pointed out-and I hope to keep improving it.I can assure you that the cockpit is 99% accurate to every respect to my real aircraft (limits in fs2002 keeping the last 1%) and the model done by James Eden is almost photographic-including the persons on board-I'll leave you to figure out who they are!I would like to say that this project is one small proof of the positive individuals and great people that make up flight simulation.I started this about 1 1/2 years ago simply because there was no aircraft like mine for fs2000. I had absolutely no knowledge, made lots of mistakes, but got a bumbling version done by mid summer. About that time-Stan (in the above post) saw a shot of it and asked if he could have a copy at that stage. I sent him one-good thing-a month later my computer hard drive died-and I lost everything. Stan sent me a cdrom by mail with all the lost files and I was back in business (thank you again Stan-above the call of duty!).Then James Eden who lives on the other side of the world asked me if I needed someone to do a model-he did an astonishing work and put in an amount of time easily equal to mine not to mention a couple of project stopping gmax eating crashes (the last one killed a beautiful virtual cockpit-hence why none here). Ike H Slack of Coyote Avionics Design was coming out with some gps units and I emailed him and asked him if he could do a garmin gps 195-he had it done in a few days-again a great person and talented designer (his later mx20 is included in the panel and is especially a nice complement to the Reality Xp panel). After complaining about a lack of realistic avionics for ms2002 I got an email from Reality Xp and within a few days I was being sent instrumentation that matched my real aircrafts instruments made from photographs of the real thing-an astounding contribution. Reality Xp also added invaluable advise down to including the wonderful installer. The Fly Ontario group offered to help me with graphics touchups and provided server space for the evolving work.Ernie Alston allowed me to add his nice Runway Selection gauge and Michael Verlin allowed me to use his f33a flight model.I will probably be one of the few to be able to verify this(Jeff S. can as he has been up in my plane) but the resemblance to the real bird is still astonishing to me-and I can't thank enough all the people that have gotten it this far.With all of that out of the way-a few precautions:It is a big file-25 megs uncompressed. I could have reduced it considerably but then the "photo" effect would have been gone and I wanted to keep that. Make sure after you install it you select "regular" first for the aircraft-James included an AI version which is simpler for frame rates and addition to AI traffic-but you might as well try the heavy hitter first!I have tested this on my athlon 1.4 with no performance troubles and my athlon 500. Oddly it ran about as good on the 500-but changing views-especially to the copilot took quite a while longer.Please take time to read the manual-there are quite a few custom instruments and reading how they work is really necessary to fly the plane.Hopefully it will meet your expectations and if it doesn't feel free to join in and improve it!Thanks and hopefully enjoy,Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest wkzzo

Thanks for the info Geofa, 25 megs on my dial up wont be to bad, I get a fast download speed as far as dial ups go. Are you going to include an optional panel cfg. for reality xp users. Thankyou .

Hi Wallace,The file is a self-installer and the user will have a choice of installations if they have the Reality-XP Stack. I also will advise you to read the manual as some of the systems need to be learned.Regards,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.